Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I bought a little brother today!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I bought a little brother today!

My TJ has been lonely, so I thought it was about time to purchase a little brother. This morning I was on the road at about 8am and drove to Dalton Ohio with the dealer to pick up my new JK Rubicon. It took about 4 and half hours to get there, and then about 4 hours to get back to Pontiac so I could get to work. They could have picked it up for me but I thought a little road trip sounded like fun. Besides, I should be the first one to put the first 230 miles on it, right? lol

I got to take it to the dealer (Victor George in Flint) in the next couple days and they are going to detail it for me and all.

I'm going up north with it tomorrow night so hopefully I'll be able to give it a proper shakedown, and unite it with it's big brother.

I'll put up photos tomorrow.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!

(Papa)
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Good news! How about some side-by-side pictures of the two brothers?
    K1QD--
    '77 CJ7, 360 AMC w/ DUI, headers, Edelbrock intake, Holley 4150, TF999, D300, D30 & AMC20, 4.56 gears, lockers, winch, fiberglass body. York Air Comp, 6" total lift, 35" BFG MTs, Garvin bumpers/racks.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSailor View Post
    Good news! How about some side-by-side pictures of the two brothers?
    OOOh, I like that idea.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Congrats!

Good choice, I absolutley love ours. I'm looking forward to the day my wife get sick of it so I can have it all to myself!

What color?

Quote Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post

I'm going up north with it tomorrow night so hopefully I'll be able to give it a proper shakedown, and unite it with it's big brother.
    Does this mean you won't have to wheel alone anymore!
    j-kb8ymf

Quote Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
    Does this mean you won't have to wheel alone anymore!
    j-kb8ymf
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Well, today I decided to take Little Brother out and do a little light wheeling to see how it would do. A buddy joined me with his Ranger on 34 inch LTBs. We headed out to the Dunham Lake area again and pretty much followed SnowBlind trails around. We were having a good time and I was pretty much just playing with the lockers and sway bar disconnect. I was leading and really not even spinning tires. It was a good time. About an hour or so in, we get to a trail that wasn't a Snowblind trail, but was broke already. It was snowing heavily so the tracks were a little filled in but nothing really to work about. We made it about a mile or so down this trail without any issues when all of a sudden I come to a sudden stop. I'm stuck. I'm thinking snowmobiles must have packed the very center, and then there were the old tracks that I was driving in. With the warms days a week or so ago, it pretty much turned the center to solid ice and the wheel tracks were deep enough that I wasn't going anywhere. Dan pulled the Ranger in behind to give me a little tug backwards and he ended up getting stuck too, with the strap pulled tight between us. And neither of us had a winch.

Long story short, 4 hours later after lots and lots of digging, a call was made to my dad to bring out Big Brother (the TJ). He brought it out and it pulled us both out with out any problem at all. Big Brother was able to come show Little Brother how it's done. It was a heart warming moment of bonding for the two. lol

As promised in a earlier post, I did get a couple photos of the new JK, but none of the two brothers frolicking in the snow together. It was well after dark by the time the TJ got there.

Last edited by oz97tj; February 22nd, 2009 at 04:27 PM.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

congrats
    cant wait to get one will have to wait till next year

Quote Originally Posted by yogi View Post
    congrats
    cant wait to get one will have to wait till next year
    I have to say I'm really impressed with mine so far. Granted I got hopelessly stuck, but that happens.

It rides nice, is quiet, and from what I can tell is very capable. I am now sort of considering making this my sole jeep, but I don't know if I want to part with my TJ for the harder wheeling.

On a side note, after yesterdays 6 hour stay in the woods, the boss has approved the purchase of a winch! lol
    Oz
    KD8NFX