Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: trail ride in rose city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just Empty Every Pocket Zookeeper's Avatar

April 22 is open

May 6 is open for me, although it's the day of the Jeep Blessing in Cadillac so you may find some folks headed up there instead.

May 13 is probably closed -- it's Mother's Day weekend

Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

2003 lift-challenged TJ that's locked and loaded

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Apr 3 2006, 06&#58;23 AM) [snapback]12727[/snapback]</div>
    April 22 is open

May 6 is open for me, although it&#39;s the day of the Jeep Blessing in Cadillac so you may find some folks headed up there instead.

May 13 is probably closed -- it&#39;s Mother&#39;s Day weekend
    [/b]
    I am going to get in very deeeeeeep trouble if I keep forgeting these darn holidays...
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

I am probably booked till June. Then the trails are dusty so we head to the dunes.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 3 2006, 02&#58;58 AM) [snapback]12728[/snapback]</div>
    I am probably booked till June. Then the trails are dusty so we head to the dunes.
    [/b]

Because there&#39;s so much less dust on a sand dune?? :P

I know, I know -- there probably is less dust kicked up at Silver Lake than on any trails up north. It just sounded funny the way you wrote it.
    Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zookeeper &#064; Apr 3 2006, 07&#58;00 AM) [snapback]12729[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 3 2006, 02&#58;58 AM) [snapback]12728[/snapback]
    [/b]

Because there&#39;s so much less dust on a sand dune?? :P

I know, I know -- there probably is less dust kicked up at Silver Lake than on any trails up north. It just sounded funny the way you wrote it.
    [/b][/quote]

There is virtually no dust at the dunes. Only in the parking lot.

Pretty hard to beat. Wheelin in a bathing suit & bare feet, go for a swim, people watch. Life is good. :thumb-up:
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

hey this is dan card again i am sorry about not posting in a while well how would a trail ride sound this weekend like on sunday may 7 will you please respond and the trail ride is in rose city for all of you

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

There is a group in Canada this weekend, they left on Thursday.
    Maybe some locals will respond to your post.

I&#39;ll be in the Grayling area (NE) next weekend, looking for "Srooms".

Keep trying, we are not trying to avoid you, just everyone is on a different schedule now that the weather is improving.
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DDS4X4 &#064; May 6 2006, 06&#58;24 AM) [snapback]13782[/snapback]</div>
    Keep trying, we are not trying to avoid you, just everyone is on a different schedule now that the weather is improving.
    [/b]

well that and legal wheeling in michigan isnt very fun unless there is in excess of 1 foot of snow on the ground

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; May 6 2006, 09&#58;53 AM) [snapback]13788[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DDS4X4 &#064; May 6 2006, 06&#58;24 AM) [snapback]13782[/snapback]
    [/b]

well that and legal wheeling in michigan isnt very fun unless there is in excess of 1 foot of snow on the ground
    [/b][/quote]

I think that depends on your definition of "fun." :Skip:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dan &#064; May 6 2006, 04&#58;41 PM) [snapback]13790[/snapback]</div>
    Hi y&#39;all this is Dan&#39;s dad Mike. We used to GL members many years ago when Gary Kovach was Pres. or maybe Vice Pres. Dan and I have been trying to get some guys together for an informal ride tho-the woods without much luck. Thankyou for the many replys. We are going to try to join in and help with the West Branch clean up on the 20 - 21 week end. see ya then&#33;
    [/b]
    Excellent&#33; Looking forward to seeing you at trail maintenance, and like DDS4x4 said, come on up for the quarterly trail ride and meeting. :hello:
    Ari Adler
    KD8CXP

Hi y&#39;all this is Dan&#39;s dad Mike. We used to GL members many years ago when Gary Kovach was Pres. or maybe Vice Pres. Dan and I have been trying to get some guys together for an informal ride tho-the woods without much luck. Thankyou for the many replys. We are going to try to join in and help with the West Branch clean up on the 20 - 21 week end. see ya then&#33;