Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: *******GITCHEE GUMEE 2013 September 27,28,*******

Default *******GITCHEE GUMEE 2013 September 27,28,*******

ITS BACK!! Gitchee Gumee 2013!!!

With the help of five veteran trail leaders GG 2013 will be held on September 27,28, 2013. The run will be held at Blue Berry Hill Campground in Ontario. GG 2013 will primarily be an exploration run that will be set up for all rig builds including stock vehicles. At this time this run will not have dinner or a door prize raffle.
    REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN TO GLFWDA MEMBERS ONLY!!! REGISTRATION WILL BE OPEN ON MAY 1ST 2013.. CURRENTLY WITH 5 TRAIL LEADERS THAT MEANS THE RUN WILL ONLY BE TAKING 50 REGISTRANTS. As need arises I may be able to pursue more trail leaders.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kb8ymf; July 9th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.

Excellent!!!! I am excited to help out as a trail leader. Tab Brousseau has already committed to be my trail sweep.

My runs will be long distance day runs, leaving 8:30 ish in the morning & returning well after dark. They will consist of some beautiful scenery, many 2 tracks, probably 40 miles of pavement and several places where 4wd will be needed. One of my runs will have a single obstacle that will make a stock rig struggle by rubbing a rocker guard. Tow points front and rear will be mandatory and a winch is recommended.

Thanks for bringing this back to life.

Jim
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Excellent!!!! I am excited to help out as a trail leader. Tab Brousseau has already committed to be my trail sweep.

My runs will be long distance day runs, leaving 8:30 ish in the morning & returning well after dark. They will consist of some beautiful scenery, many 2 tracks, probably 40 miles of pavement and several places where 4wd will be needed. One of my runs will have a single obstacle that will make a stock rig struggle by rubbing a rocker guard. Tow points front and rear will be mandatory and a winch is recommended.

Jim
    Ready to rub my rockers, waiting for May 1!!

Sent from my electronic tether
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

So on May 1st, how do we register?

KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

In the days to come there will be a registration form that will be able to be down loaded. It may look alot like a Snofari registration, since Ryan Hoffman is making it!

Excellent!!!! I am excited to help out as a trail leader. Ken Douglas has already committed to be my trail sweep.

Jim-kb8ymf

If the above post looks familiar.............it should. WhiteRhino and I will be doing what us old school wheelers used to do, explore and see what comes our way.
    That being said look for destinations to include the old Tribag mine, Montreal River, maybe the abandoned unanium mine if it's still open, and numerous stops along the way including a few waterfalls.
    The only thing I will add is for this trip you need a GOOD working CB. Don't wait till you get up there to 'wire up' the one you bought at Walmarts in the Soo.

Cool beans! My jeep is nearing completion (finally), and I'm studying tasty HAM. Wifey says I can go but I have kid number 4 due end of October, so as long as my wife is feeling good I'm there! Thanks to everyone helping bring this back!

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Guess we know what you have been doing in your spare time, CONGRATULATIONS & Best Wishes to your family!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

I want to go but the wifey is due around that time. Think she'll be mad if I miss it?
    Oz
    KD8NFX