Thread: *******GITCHEE GUMEE 2013 September 27,28,*******

Quote Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
    waiting for July 1 :-)
    x2

Quote Originally Posted by swampjeep View Post
    waiting for July 1 :-)
    I think you will enjoy your first trip to Canada. hehehehehe
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

This is on our to-do list!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member jpchurch34's Avatar
    Perry, Michigan, Shiawassee County but Roscommon County too.

Hoping i can get in on this fun.

Well, a small group of us just returned from a scouting trip to Canada. WOW is all I have to say. I know it's early still but we have re-discoverd some old trails I used over 35 years ago and they look like they haven't been taken care of in the same amount of time. Many washes exist that are now laden with sizable boulders. Bridges simply don't exist. In fact we have one trail called 'No Bridge'.
    For us old farts like Whiterhino and myself, this trail ride will be an eye opener for todays generation of fourwheelers who fixate primarily on parks and those who believe that what our DNR permits us to do constitutes real fourwheeling. It does not.
    You are in for the time of you life if you decide to come explore the great outdoors of Canada with us.
    There will additional 'things to know' before you go. Indy and Kixx will be putting that info out as the time gets closer.
    There are two things to keep in mind.
    1: you are going to be a long way from anything so you need to be prepared and your vehicle needs to be in tip top shape. Serious breakdowns here WILL mean you are staying the night in the woods. DON'T show up knowing that your U-joint is clunking a bit. REPLACE it before you get up there. There's nothing worse than killing 3 or 4 hours waiting for someone to fix something on the trail they should of at home.
    2: these trails are NOT maintained. Meaning your truck IS going to get scratched a bit. If you can't stand a few brushy pinstripes, this trail ride is not for you. Stay back on the 72" wide DNR trails in Michigan and read about what you are missing in the next Boondocker.
    jim-kb8ymf

Wow is right. Letting me lead the group up driveway was simply awesome. Thanks. Thanks for everything Jim. This not just a trail ride it's an adventure.
    You never know what you'll find and or see.

I can't wait, but if it's possible my rig might get scratched, it might be a deal breaker

It will be fun.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

The pre run pics looked great! Wish I could get up there for this, it looks at least, or more fun than my last Bobcaygeon trip!