Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two Trackers Four Wheel Drive Club 11th Annual Trail Clean-Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Two Trackers Four Wheel Drive Club 11th Annual Trail Clean-Up

Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association is joining forces with the Two Trackers Four Wheel Drive Club and others in the 11th Annual Trail Clean-Up of the Manistee National Forest spanning Blue Lake, Holton, and Cedar Creek Townships in Northern Muskegon County.

Date: Saturday, April 18th, 2008

Time: Registration from 8:00 AM-9:00 AM
    Dumpsters are usually full by 4:00 PM

(CarGo Gas Station)

Bring: A vehicle capable of traveling the two tracks of the Manistee National Forest AND transporting refuse to a drop location (Pick up trucks or Jeeps/SUV's with a utility trailer in tow for the trash). Hard Tined Rakes, Shovels, Leather Work Gloves, and Rain Gear.

Can i assume that this is the weekend of our quarterly meeting? If so then I'll be there. I can't haul much refuse in a TJ and 3.5 hours one way is a long way to tow a five' by ten' trailer. Any suggestions.....I haven't attended the clean-up before.

Yes, same weekend. Ive gone and haven't taken a trailer before too. Just bring some work gloves and trash bags and be ready to help. There is always a handful of trailers for the big stuff.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

how big a trailer can i fit behind my superduty down those trails. my jeep most likely wont be ready for the dunes. i usually can borrow a few pretty big trailers. is 20ft long too big? i have pulled over 20k b4 but only over smooth terrain. any thoughts?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

These are a wide variety of trail widths.

We have increased our adoption area to over 36,000 acres this year and are working to get Oceana County Road Commission to begin an Adopt-A-Road program like the one that the Muskegon CRC operates.

If you have a pick up, just bring it without the trailer. Easier to turn it around on dead end trails.

Jeeps with small utility trailers work well too. Like you would use for hauling snowmobiles or a riding lawn mower.

Much bigger than that and it starts to get difficult to get turned around.

Most trash dumpers seem to prefer to dump out of sight.
    For us, that usually means the dead ends are worse than the through trails (which can be pretty bad).

As soon as the Two Trackers get a few more details nailed down we'll get the flyer posted up.

*** ALSO, look for a MUCH easier and faster registration process this year too! ***

We were expecting around 100-150 volunteers last year and imagine our joyous surprise to have 250-300! We've ironed out a few things to accommodate the larger number of people.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey Oz good to see you are bringing your girlfriend so some work will get done
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member sportsnut44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Fanatic View Post
    These are a wide variety of trail widths.

We have increased our adoption area to over 36,000 acres this year and are working to get Oceana County Road Commission to begin an Adopt-A-Road program like the one that the Muskegon CRC operates.

If you have a pick up, just bring it without the trailer. Easier to turn it around on dead end trails.

Jeeps with small utility trailers work well too. Like you would use for hauling snowmobiles or a riding lawn mower.

Much bigger than that and it starts to get difficult to get turned around.

Most trash dumpers seem to prefer to dump out of sight.
    For us, that usually means the dead ends are worse than the through trails (which can be pretty bad).

As soon as the Two Trackers get a few more details nailed down we'll get the flyer posted up.

*** ALSO, look for a MUCH easier and faster registration process this year too! ***

We were expecting around 100-150 volunteers last year and imagine our joyous surprise to have 250-300! We've ironed out a few things to accommodate the larger number of people.

you have a pm
    SWAMPSTOMPER & CHEAPTHRILLS OFFROAD

Got it wrote down on the Monthly tracker already. Bringing a trailer, the girl, and if the child labor laws allow it going to bring the kid, to "teach her some values".

I hope to be able to make it!!

Thus far its a green light!
    Last edited by Jarhead; March 13th, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
    2001 Red H1 Soft Top
    E-Locked

Woops...sorry for the extra post. Guess it doesn't hurt.

All the info on this clean-up as well as statistics from past clean-ups is on our website at www.twotrackers.org