Thread: HAM: Drummond Island Repeater Project Is Rolling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to see it is underway.

What is the #6 wire to be used for? Internal bonding, external grounds, groundplane radials? What type of wire is needed? Insulated or bare? Used OK? Spliced OK? How much and what lengths?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    Glad to see it is underway.

What is the #6 wire to be used for? Internal bonding, external grounds, groundplane radials? What type of wire is needed? Insulated or bare? Used OK? Spliced OK? How much and what lengths?
    I think stranded bare wire is what we want, it is to be used for ground radials, from the sounds of it, getting a good ground with just rods is impossible. Used is OK, I'm not sure about spliced, I would need someone with more expertise to answer that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rtikql8 View Post
    I think stranded bare wire is what we want, it is to be used for ground radials, from the sounds of it, getting a good ground with just rods is impossible. Used is OK, I'm not sure about spliced, I would need someone with more expertise to answer that one.
    Yes #10 or larger bare stranded wire in 50 foot lengths or longer to make ground radials and we need about 1000 feet or more and we also need 100 feet of # 6 wire to bond to a nearby well.
    WG8A

MUD SWEAT AND GEARS 4X4 CLUB MEMBER