Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glad to own a 4x4 again!

hey there fella nice to see and meet ya I liked your speech there man I too would like to become more proactive in our sport but I didn't really know where to start... So I came here! In responce to you original post I myself am a GM fan.(Don't worry I'm no brand basher by any means) However I drive a 1992 GMC Z71 with quite a bit of rust and 226000 some odd miles on it... The trans is currently getting rebuild for the second time since I've owned but the original 350 still cranks out the power with no knocks or ticks. Which brings me to ask why are you worried about cutomizing your truck with high miles and refresh kit to the motor and your good for another 200,000 miles and as far as the rust goes body panels can be replaced. Just a question of curiosity because it easier to work on the older trucks then the newer ones. I'm going solid axle my truck run crossover steering 3/4 ton axles swap out my 241 transfer case for a 208 and run 37" super swamper tsl's and abunch of other stuff there's no limit to what can be don't to an older truck... But it's your truck not mine so have fun out there be safe...

Fasel

Quote Originally Posted by FaselZ71 View Post
    hey there fella nice to see and meet ya I liked your speech there man I too would like to become more proactive in our sport but I didn't really know where to start... So I came here! In responce to you original post I myself am a GM fan.(Don't worry I'm no brand basher by any means) However I drive a 1992 GMC Z71 with quite a bit of rust and 226000 some odd miles on it... The trans is currently getting rebuild for the second time since I've owned but the original 350 still cranks out the power with no knocks or ticks. Which brings me to ask why are you worried about cutomizing your truck with high miles and refresh kit to the motor and your good for another 200,000 miles and as far as the rust goes body panels can be replaced. Just a question of curiosity because it easier to work on the older trucks then the newer ones. I'm going solid axle my truck run crossover steering 3/4 ton axles swap out my 241 transfer case for a 208 and run 37" super swamper tsl's and abunch of other stuff there's no limit to what can be don't to an older truck... But it's your truck not mine so have fun out there be safe...

Fasel
    Good to hear there are people out there modifying older/high mileage trucks. Guess all I notice on the roads are the newer trucks all lifted up with the big wheels. Probably the main reason I wont modify this truck too soon is lack of extra $$$ to spend and I dont want to do something that may make it unreliable (meaning a lift and tires that may make driveline parts wear out quickly or break). This thought is more so due to my lack of experience as I have pretty much always left my trucks stock with minor upgrades.

Anyway, I really like the mid-90's Chevy/GMC trucks and that was the type of truck I was looking for. Then I ran across a deal I couldnt pass up on the 94 Ford 4x4. Besides two tracking, I can't wait to play with my truck in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    Hey Dave, Welcome to GLFWDA. As soon as they get you set up on the forum as a member, you'll have access to the members only Land Use section. There you will find out a lot more about what's going on and what can be done in Michigan to stop closure of our public lands.
    Thanks and it will be interesting to see what is and has been going on around the state, in particular west Michigan since there is where I most likely will do most of my 'wheelin.

I see you are in a club located in Whitehall? I am looking to get involved with a local organization too to meet more four wheelers and find family friendly events to participate in.

Dave

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

The Land Use Committee is ALWAYS looking for volunteers (NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY) to help monitoring the activities in Michigan.

Gary and Pat B will be happy to start your education!

THANKS for coming on board.
    See ya on the trails!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

2011 Ford Raptor SCrew #6841- FPP Light Bar, Hella 550 lights
    2006 Hummer H3 - Adv. Package, lot's of other stuff
    1976 International Scout -

Quote Originally Posted by DDS4X4 View Post
    The Land Use Committee is ALWAYS looking for volunteers (NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY) to help monitoring the activities in Michigan.

Gary and Pat B will be happy to start your education!

THANKS for coming on board.
    See ya on the trails!
    Sign me up! Is there a way I should contact either of them other than the forum to get the ball rolling or will they track me down?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
    Hello & welcome
    Thanks to you and all for the welcome. The Jeep is a sweet looking rig!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

They will likely track you down since you have indicated an interest!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TwinLake4Wheeler View Post
    Sign me up! Is there a way I should contact either of them other than the forum to get the ball rolling or will they track me down?

Dave
    Dave,

We can use all the help we can get. We're up against entire departments of people working 40 hour weeks and even more rich, anti-access groups who routinely sway policy with money. I haven't seen the figures for last year, but the year before that the Sierra Club donated $500,000 to various Michigan politicians.

Here's a link to the LUC Membership Application:
    http://www.glfwda.org/showthread.php?t=2262

THANKS for your interest!!!
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?