Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HAM: Drummond Island Repeater Project

Steve, sounds like you and Bill had a nice talk. Sounds like Bill would like to put tower at Pats to try some simplex tests to see how a repeater would do. Can we find a 50' tower near the island for a test run, and we will need to find an antenna (loaner)and coax to install.

JerryD

Anybody have any news on this? Just curious...

Funny you should ask, talked to my buddy N8NJA today about that. He has a cabin up there and was going up in april to check things out from the winter, when he is up there he is going to ask about a tower that is on the ground and some of the locals for some ideas.

Dave (N8IT) was going to do a terrain/signal study (I don't know what the official name for that is). I thought his club had some old used equipment, I'm not sure if that was still available or not.

Also, thought Pat Kelly had said we could put something on his property across from the campground which is much higher ground than the Campground itself. So that might be an option as well.

There will be a bunch of us Hams up there the weekend of the Drummond Island Invasion in April, we are hoping to do some actual signal tests at that time. I would LOVE to have something (even if temporary) online by DOA 2011.

At the very least someone with a dual band and cross band repeat could put a station up for DOA weekend.
    j-kb8ymf

Quote Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
    At the very least someone with a dual band and cross band repeat could put a station up for DOA weekend.
    j-kb8ymf
    Great Idea! for a temporary repeater I completely forgot about radios with cross band repeat.
    WG8A

MUD SWEAT AND GEARS 4X4 CLUB MEMBER