Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada Run in May

gator

:hello: :hello: 90% me and the mrs.

Timberwolf

Houston, we have a problem!!!

Talked to the owner at Blueberry Hill Campground in Canada yesterday. She told me that there will be another 4x4 group at the camp ground the same weekend we plan to be there. Then I was forwarded a copy of the Swamp Stompers flyer, announcing their invitational event in Canada May5-7th. Their's is a paid event, appearently by invite only.

We (Bobby and I) can foresee, if they have a large group, and we have a large group, it will be a confusing cluster ----. As in keeping our people seperated enough to know who they are supposed to follow, or look to for direction. Also, they will be using some of the same trails that we do. Not to big of deal if we're all going the same way, but some trails are "in and out" style. With few places to pass, should we meet going opposite directions. We would imagine that they plan to use the same trials each day with different groups, just as we would.

How many of you already have reservations at Blueberry? They did tell me that there are only 3 rooms left in the Motel. Didn't think to ask about campsites.

With all the new developements on the calendar, such as the Bobcajon run, the United convention/ trail rides, and the quarterly at the dunes. How many of you were still planning to do this run? Not sure how many knowledgable trail leaders We can count on.

Understand, We're not worried about any confrontation, just mass confusion at camp, and traffic jams on the trails. I still consider many of the Swamp Stompers as freinds, and even if they were total strangers, We would want to give them the respect of not putting a damper on their new event. Nor would We want to give our guest a lousy Weekend of confusion and traffic jams. We wouldn't like it if they came with a large group and jammed up our weekend event in the fall.

So, We are asking for your opinions. Do we look for a new date, cancel our plans, or what? Keep a few things in mind. Many of our would be leaders already plan to attend some or all of the afore mentioned other runs. If we went with an earlier date, the snow will be that much deeper, even colder for those wishing to camp, and less time to prep. our rigs as well as our schedules. If we went with a later date, the black flies are horrendous! right after this date for a solid month or more. Then the horse flies and deer flies start to come out. The next trip north on the schedule is Labor Day Weekend.

If anyone would be looking for something else to do on that weekend, The Cadilac Jeepers is holding their annual Jeep Blessing then. This is open to all makes of vehicles. This year the trail rides will be hosted by Sandy's, and there will be a 4x4 swap meet hosted by the RPM 4x4 club.

Looking forward to input,
    Bobby & Vic

Funny how timing works out. I had a discussion with the wife last night and decided to commit to doing the run with you guys. On a personal level, I have no other dates available other than April 22/23. So, if you decided to change the date, that is the only date that works for me. But, it should not focus on me.....

As far as a conflict with the other group, maybe a heads up phone call to them is in order. How many people do they expect, would they see a conflict, where do they plan to run and so on????

I agree that we do not want the confusion nor do I want to create any bad blood/ crowd in on them/ rain on their parade or cause any reason to get tempers flaired. Most of us already know each other at some level and should be able to have good camraderie.

On the other hand, this has been a published run on THIS FORUM for some time. If people have already made plans, I would like to see it stay at is. I feel there is plenty of areas to run that would not interfere. Most of it depends on how many people are coming for each group.

How wierd, I was going to make my campground reservation today.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I was going, then decided not to, then got a PM from Brian asking to tag along, so I decided to go...

What about meeting at a different campground? Different place all together? North further?

I have no reservations, but wouldn't mind a room or something instead of camping....but will do it.

I hope to open that one trail I found last fall, then have fun, so I don't know how many people will be going where I am!

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Timberwolf

OK, appearently the Swamp Stompers are not expecting a very large group, mostly their own club members and a few invited guest.
    If we also don't have a large expected turnout, cofusion should be at a minimum.

We feel we can keep our planned date and location, so get your reservations made, ASAP! Then let us know here, for sure that you are coming. Please.

If we are pretty small in numbers, we could do more exploratory stuff. If we get a few people who just want to ride known trails, we will be sure to accomodate them. That was the original plan after all. We don't mind if some of the regulars still choose to go scouting. More scouting is always a good thing. Either way, we will be wheeling, so all is well!

If you know someone who was thinking of coming, encourage them to touch base here. Or if they are not on the web, try to get a definate answer, then report for them, please. We'd like to get a better ideaof our numbers.

Thanks,
    Bobby and Vic

I will be there in one form or another! Is the blue house available?
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Timberwolf

Yes Pat, I have the house reserved.

Vic

I would like to go up... but would most likely not be wheelin my rig.. I would Ride shotgun and help??? I will contact Lucas directly and more or less tag along with him, help him explore if thats what hes doing

Timberwolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mtnbiker5 &#064; Mar 9 2006, 07&#58;39 AM) [snapback]11762[/snapback]</div>
    I would like to go up... but would most likely not be wheelin my rig.. I would Ride shotgun and help??? I will contact Lucas directly and more or less tag along with him, help him explore if thats what hes doing
    [/b]
    Fine with us, if it&#39;s fine with Lucas.

Welcome aboard,
    Bobby and Vic

When does everyone plan to arrive at Bluberry?

Pat said he will arrive late Thursday night.

We plan to arrive Thursday evening.

Booby and Vic

I would be arriving late Thursday.

So how many vehicles/ people do we have?
    Vic & Fred
    Bobby &?
    Jim & ?
    Pat & ?
    Lucas & Brian
    Gator & Mrs.
    Dave & T Way

That makes 14 in a house that sleeps 8

Who wants a hotel room or camp?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.