Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: A pic of the Rocks that GL owns

I have access to a big dump trailer that will handle some of the big rocks but not a way to load them.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Albright Shores. Which is just west of Pinconning off of I75.
    Steve
    Yj, lift, lockers, Swampers, winch, and Cold AC
    Member TriCity Trailriders

Gladwin county, just east of M30 on Cody Estey road.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

roll-bar Bob

DO WE HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THEM ? ? ?

MY UNCLE IS A EXCAVATOR WITH HIS OWN EQUIPMENT.

That is the toughest question....

Where do we put them so they can be used??????
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roll&#045;bar Bob &#064; Jan 27 2006, 03&#58;53 PM) [snapback]9086[/snapback]</div>
    DO WE HAVE A PLACE TO PUT THEM ? ? ?

MY UNCLE IS A EXCAVATOR WITH HIS OWN EQUIPMENT.
    [/b]
    I see this is a very old thread but I&#39;m curious where this stands. i understand from talking to ironman that moving them is the biggest problem. If that is true I may not be much help but, if finding them a home puts the goal a little closer I may have part of the solution.
    A friend of mine owns Butler Speedway down in Quincy and he has talked about building an obstical course for trucks on his 125 acres. There is already an old quad track, a mud bogg, a small gravel pit, plus a couple piles of focks to play on. I&#39;m sure if some people wanted to help him build something (or even offer ideas) he would be recptive. He would probably be receptive to the idea of trading access for time and materials (such as these rocks) as well. If this is a topic worth pursuing let me know and I&#39;ll put a bug in his ear and see where it goes.

With the numbers we have crunched, it is cheaper to buy them new than to move them. But, we would certainly be interested in the posibility of your buddies place.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

i realize it may be cheaper to buy new, but if we decide to move them i have acess to 2 large trailers. i believe they are both 10 ton rated. i got an f250 my friend has a k3500.
    so if it ever happens im sure we could donate some help, assuming the move wasnt like 500 miles each way, and it was on a sat or sun. also my fater in law has a backhoe and a track dozer and a dump truck, perhaps i could convince him to help, he hauls the dozers on a 20 ton dually double axle deck over trailer, the dump is a topkick, i think 10 yard.
    keep us posted.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(joe_jeep &#064; Oct 19 2006, 09&#58;30 AM) [snapback]19135[/snapback]</div>
    i realize it may be cheaper to buy new, but if we decide to move them i have acess to 2 large trailers. i believe they are both 10 ton rated. i got an f250 my friend has a k3500.
    so if it ever happens im sure we could donate some help, assuming the move wasnt like 500 miles each way, and it was on a sat or sun. also my fater in law has a backhoe and a track dozer and a dump truck, perhaps i could convince him to help, he hauls the dozers on a 20 ton dually double axle deck over trailer, the dump is a topkick, i think 10 yard.
    keep us posted.
    [/b]

Thats what I&#39;m thinking too. A few guys willing to donate some time and some borrowed equipment could make this happen. I&#39;m not familier with their current home but the speedway is 15 miles or so south of Marshal off I-69. I&#39;ll be out there on Nov. 11th for the mud bog (I posted that in events) and will see the owner then if not sooner. We can go check the place out any time just say when and I&#39;ll meet you there (weekends prefered) or come down for the mud run.

Oh, and I&#39;d be willing to help as well.