Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting back in...

Default Getting back in...

Sorry for the absence that past year? I think. Started with work dropping a bomb on me without notice (insurance payout doubling and then no overtime), here is your weekly paycheck and if your wondering why another $200 is missing.... I had to make a choice and it was clear that hobbies were the first to go.

Anyways, the 40 hours lasted about 1.5 weeks before my boss realized just how much he relies on me and when he asked me about certain "hot" jobs, I'd say they weren't done, and I've got to go home cuz I'm at 40! Just within the last month, he started to drop my weekly insurance payout, which was unexpected considering our insurance premium was expected to triple.

So, here I am with some light at the end of the tunnel and a few extra $$ in my pocket. I also told myself I would not rejoin at $50/year, and I'm not sure when it happened, but I checked randomly again and noticed it said $40/year!

So, I rejoined, maybe not a ton of time to help out, but the cash has been put in. I hope I left on good terms, I thought everything was taken care of that I was working on, I hope I didn't forget anything I had promised to do and didn't.

Whats new with me? I've got #3 kid due in May, wife is a year from finishing her Masters in Teaching (still stay at home mom), oldest girl is in 3yo preschool, youngest is starting to say a few words (wife claims far more than I can actually understand).

Computer crash back in early fall got rid of every email addy I used to have, plus software, old emails, etc... It will probably take a month to get back up to speed with whats going on here.

On the vehicle front, a '78 f150 was donated to me that needed a lot of work, but I had been wanting a plow truck and a truck I could put Jeep parts in and move from home to work. I need to finish the engine swap, I put in a 5psd trans (was auto), convert to 8 lug, and replace a ton of stuff that doesn't work anymore on it. Jeep hasn't seen much work, trying to collect parts, about it. Little Suzuki project, I had help pulling the donor engine/trans/t-case stuff and located the axles for it. Trailer has new fenders on it, painted and looks pretty sitting in front of my house.

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Hey Lucas, good to see you around. Congrats on kid number 3 (a little busy aren't you?) and still having a job.

I don't think you'll see much of anything different here.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Welcome back. You're a good guy to trail ride with.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Glad to hear things are going a little bit better, looking forward to having you around again.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

It's good to see you back. I think things are busy as ever for everyone so not much has changed.
    98 TJ 4.0/5spd, D30 w/Aussie, D44 welded, 3.5" RE Superflex, 1.25" body lift, rear corner crushers with sunken LED taillights, flat fendered front, OBA, sitting on 33s.
    4Given4x4.com
    http://www.jt4x4.com/
    http://www.NOVA4x4.org

Woo Hoo!!!!

Glad to see you back Lucas!
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Default A BAD DAY OFFROADING IS STILL BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

GLAD TO HEAR THE BOSS CAN SEE THE LIGHT. HOPE GAS STAYS LOW SO WE CAN GET SOME MILEAGE IN( BOATING TOO) THIS YEAR.
    BUY USA/ BUY IN YOUR HOME TOWN

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

LUCAS!!!

Nice to see you back buddy, and nice to hear that things are going well for you!!

Congrats on #3 being on the way! Heck.....I've DOUBLED my kid count since the last time I saw you (I'm up to 8 now!)!!!

Hope to see you out in the dirt this summer! I've cut back a lot too with my trail riding, but I hope to get out more this year!

President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

WELCOME back Lucas, glad ALL is going better for you, the job and the Family! Congratulations! (taking any wagers on #3, a boy or a girl?)
    Everyone healthy is what is important.
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

welcome back lucas! we missed ya!

congrats on number 3