Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: This looks to familiar!

[attachmentid=48]

The above was when I wheeled with him this past summer at Silver Lake and then there was Thanksgiving weekend which you all witnessed in another post
    http://www.glfwda.org/forums/index.php?act...type=post&id=29
    and now this
    http://www.misfitoffroad.com/e/2005-12-30_...ds/DSC_0294.JPG
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

What happened?

Still waiting?

Oh and did anyone mention Kentucky?

Sorry

jim managed to break a ujoint climbing this hill:

then an hour later he broke another (the same side) on this hill:

and he broke both mirrors and bent the other side of his bumper....

Oh trust me, I've rode with Jim a couple of times......he knows where the skinny pedal is.....and that crate motor response well.

I forgot about Kentucky, I wish I still had the video he sent me of that!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Thanks! The second pic looks like he was trying to find the weak link

Boy, what a bunch of pals! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

The first joint broke in the same hole that we "thought" Bryce broke. Pretty tore up and a lot of weight on the drivers side.
    When I changed the joint, I put in a "cheap" one that was given to me. I should have taken the time to dig out a Spicer.
    The wheelstand looks more radical than it is. It is a very short but steep hill. Gas it even a little and you get air. I did it once and they said they missed it and "do it again". Well, we all know how that goes. But, all witnesses will tell you I was off the throttle when I landed.

So, since this thread seems to have me as a topic of breaks, here goes for 2005 as best I can remember:

- Replace truck avenger carb under warranty. Still had problems at Spring Opener.
    - Installed brand new Holley fuel pump right after Spring Opener. $180 It failed shortly after while in Canada this Spring.
    - Bought new Mallory gerotor style fuel pump. $200+ & bought a spare just in case. $200+
    - Landed on a rock in KY. Broke open the entire third member. Found one at a scrap yard and repaired over night. $25 Was not able to get ARB working.
    - Tore rear end down after KY & installed mini spool in rear. $60
    - While spending a week at the dunes, stripped out mini spool.
    - Drove to Grand Rapids, bought new full spool and installed. (Pat's picture) $200
    While doing so, discovered rear housing was bent and that the pinion gear was bent from KY.
    - Got home, tore down rear end (third time) and discovered splines were almost shot on full spool due to orbiting caused by bent housing. SO, BOUGHT NEW AXLE SHAFTS, RING & PINION, ANOTHER FULL SPOOL AND NEW REAR HOUSING. $1100
    - Last day at the dunes the trans started to slip. Came home & had it rebuilt. $480
    - At the mounds with Bryce blew a front u-joint. Toasted the stub shaft. Bought a Warn. $120 (I think)
    - Went off the cliff in Canada. New driveshaft $380, Rebuilt trans again $360, Toasted the electric fan $100+ (still to buy)
    - Thursday at the mounds, between the 2 breaks, I toasted one inner and one outer shaft. So today I am ordering alloy shafts & super joints. Probably close to $500

So the tally stands at $3900 in repairs!

Also bought a pair of paddle tires & wheels this spring. If I had only known....
    Tim, that's where the skinny pedal is really fun!

Not to mention the costs of 5 trips in Canada and one to KY along with a week at the dunes & other misc trips.

And Jim Mazzola keeps asking me why I haven't bought a ham radio yet! :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

I guess I should probably buy the replacement dishwasher Dianne keeps asking for.... :bigemo_harabe_net-145: :bigemo_harabe_net-145:
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

"So the tally stands at $3900 in repairs"

Ouch.......that is more than my ZJ is worth........

You should just web wheel like me, it's much cheaper. :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Jan 2 2006, 10&#58;40 AM) [snapback]7506[/snapback]</div>

- At the mounds with Bryce blew a front u-joint. Toasted the stub shaft. Bought a Warn. &#036;120 (I think)
    - Thursday at the mounds, between the 2 breaks, I toasted one inner and one outer shaft. So today I am ordering alloy shafts & super joints. Probably close to &#036;500

[/b]
    i must be the common denominator :bigemo_harabe_net-163: