Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TROLLS SPRING OPENER - PLEASE READ!!!!

Wink

:BangHead: BOB :BangHead:

Some just don't get it...
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!

RBB, first of all do us a favor and quit shouting....that means turn off the caps lock.

Your right, you have the right to wheel anywhere, anytime you want, and no one besides the DNR or USFS can tell you differently. But T-way on behalf of the Trolls has just asked everyone nicely to not come up to Indian River the usual weekend of thier event. That doesn't mean you cannot come the week before or the week after.......it also doesn't mean you cant go to Grayling, West Branch, Mio, Atlanta or anywhere else instead.

No one is telling you don't come to Indian River.....people are just asking nicely to respect them and their relationship with the DNR to not do it on the weekend of the usaul event. Is it really all that hard to respect their wishes?

I guess I just don't understand why people now days don't have respect for one another....it's always all about ME, and I can do what I want....the hell with how that effects others. Thats the main problem with the 4x4 community, not enough helping each other out, to much bickering within'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roadhouse66 &#064; Dec 28 2005, 06&#58;44 PM) [snapback]7294[/snapback]</div>
    RBB, first of all do us a favor and quit shouting....that means turn off the caps lock.

Your right, you have the right to wheel anywhere, anytime you want, and no one besides the DNR or USFS can tell you differently. But T-way on behalf of the Trolls has just asked everyone nicely to not come up to Indian River the usual weekend of thier event. That doesn&#39;t mean you cannot come the week before or the week after.......it also doesn&#39;t mean you cant go to Grayling, West Branch, Mio, Atlanta or anywhere else instead.

No one is telling you don&#39;t come to Indian River.....people are just asking nicely to respect them and their relationship with the DNR to not do it on the weekend of the usaul event. Is it really all that hard to respect their wishes?

I guess I just don&#39;t understand why people now days don&#39;t have respect for one another....it&#39;s always all about ME, and I can do what I want....the hell with how that effects others. Thats the main problem with the 4x4 community, not enough helping each other out, to much bickering within&#39;.
    [/b]

well said roadhouse. i myself will also be staying out of the area during this time as well. i hope others realize that the relationship with the DNR is very critical in this day and age.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

EXACTLY why we will NOT be in the area at this time without an invite from the TROLLS&#33; It&#39;s their home turf and they know BEST. We&#39;ll see them another day or another place&#33;

Thanks for the respectful explaination T-Way ... I knew the Trolls had one and sooner or later, at the right time and place, we would learn the background behind the decision. We &#39;re supports of the cause and if you don&#39;t know the details ... it&#39;s best to go with the ones most likely to have all the facts ... until you have a chance to become better informed.

Have a HAPPY and SAFE 2006&#33;
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Bob,
    You&#39;re taking this all wrong.

First: The Trolls stated that they would not be putting on the event (one of only 3 in Michigan which means no one else wants to put in the effort) because their club has lost some members and they will not put on an event unless it can be a quality event. They want to do it right or not at all. Simple.

Second: There was some internet chatter about people coming that weekend anyway because they enjoy the area and the people. The talk was to do some informal trail riding.

Third: The Trolls discussed this (no matter how few or many) and felt that it may jeopordize their relationship with the DNR. So, they have asked their FRIENDS to not come as planned in order to not create confusion and controversy with the DNR.

Fourth: Why is it that you feel that you are personally being attacked by the Trolls? They have asked their friends to not make waves with the DNR. If you do not choose to respect this, it is your constitutional right. Have at it. Take as many friends there as you like. Lead the trails on your own. And if the DNR feels there was an event, the Trolls can point the DNR to you. It&#39;s your choice. In the meantime, the rest of us will do something else in April.

Remember, you can be part of the problem or part of the solution. The choice is up to you.

Jim
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

who cares, there is no run so find somewhere else to go.... lets move onto the next item of drama whithin great lakes, ill start

here it is: http://www.glfwda.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=940

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 28 2005, 07&#58;00 AM) [snapback]7281[/snapback]</div>
    Well stated Tim.

So, we will not be there. Instead, we will be going to Silver Lake for the dune run & quarterly meeting. Hope to see all the former Spring Opener attendees there&#33;

Jim
    [/b]
    I&#39;m with Jim&#33;
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Well said T-Way. I&#39;m sorry to hear that this trail ride will not be happening,but understand why it wont be. Hopefully we&#39;ll see the Trolls at DOA.
    KD8ZFB

Grabber525 GLFWDA Member grabber525's Avatar

Hey Tim,

AJ will be disappointed, as I will be, but no IR for us come April, no problem. Just promise when I come up during the summer you&#39;ll have your Lapis Blue (Purple) Jeep ready to go and CB on for your classic chatter. Good luck to the Trolls and I really hope you guys (and girls) can get things put back together for next year. Guess I&#39;ll plan my Indiana trip for April.

Hopefully talk with you soon,

Jamie
    2003 Rubicon
    1946 & 1948 Willys CJ2A's
    2003 Powerwheels (sons)
    2005 Barbie Powerwheels (daughters)

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

Bob.....

You&#39;re getting tiresome&#33;&#33;&#33;

Did any of my posts say that the Trolls no longer wheel??????

I simply stated that we wouldn&#39;t be wheeling in Indian River on THAT particular weekend&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

I guess we&#39;ll be seeing you up in Canada wheeling with us this Spring or summer, huh????

This kind of CRAP is the main reason why I seldom post anythig anymore&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#3 3;&#33;&#33;
    President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!