Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Support for Bundy Hill November 10th, 2009

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Support for Bundy Hill November 10th, 2009

There will be a Planning Commission Meeting for Somerset Township on November 10th, 2009. @ 7:00pm
    The purpose of this meeting is to hear public comment in regards to the newly drafted ORV Park Ordnance that will allow Bundy Hill Off Road Park to obtain it's permanent operating permit. The results of this meeting will influence the Boards decision on adopting that Ordinance.
    Currently, Bundy Hill is operating with a Temporary Permit for the rest of the season.

We are inviting you to attend this meeting, as a show of support for the park. We need to convince the Township Board that by passing this ordinance, it will be good for the community of Somerset Township. They need to be assured that we have a setting to ride that is professionally operated, safe, and family oriented. The Township Board also needs to understand that this park is not only good for the Township, but for the States of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana also. Numbers will speak volumes on this one!
    We would love to see the parking lot of the Township Hall full of Jeeps, Crawlers, and Buggies as the Board Members arrive for the meeting.

This cannot and will not be a Lynch Mob type meeting. It is for public comment only. That means if someone opposes it, they have that right to do so, and they move on.
    We will have the opportunity to speak, and when we get the floor, we state our positives in support of the park, and we move on.
    There are going to be neighbors that are going to speak out in opposition of the park, so don't take offense to it.
    There are neighbors that are also going to speak up in support as well!
    If you think you would like to speak on behalf of your Club or Organization in support of the issue, please contact me (PM) and I will add you to the list that we will be giving the Board. We have lined up folks from several Off Road Organizations, to speak on our behalf. After the all of our scheduled speakers have presented there support, then we will have time for the floor to speak were you (The 4x4 community) can make your statements and be heard as well.
    Please understand that we need to keep this orderly, and professional at all times.

We would like to thank everyone that has been out to the park, and attended the meetings in the past.
    As well, we would like to say a huge Thank You, if you can attend the meeting on November 10th. @ 7:00pm.
    We understand that Somerset Township is not right around the corner from most of you, and we really appreciate your support and commitment to the park.
    Please look for updates about the meeting on our web site: www.bundyhilloffroad.com

Thanks,
    Owners & Staff of Bundy Hill Off Road Park.

517-917-0493
    bundyhilloffrroad@yahoo.com

Somerset Center, MI

Meeting Time:
    7:00pm, but we would like to see everyone there at 6:30pm if possible.
    Last edited by Bundy Hill Off Road; November 4th, 2009 at 02:05 PM.

For those that cannot attend...can we send/email letters? If so who do we send them to?

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Good post Ed, see you there.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Default Somerset Township Supervisor Contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by sumpter1 View Post
    For those that cannot attend...can we send/email letters? If so who do we send them to?
    If anyone would like to drop the Somerset Township Supervisor a line, and tell him you're in Support of the New ORV Ordinance, here is his contact info.

Don Figiel, Supervisor:

supervisor@somersettownship.org

Would this be at the firebarn, cop shop with the baseball field behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by zjrick View Post
    Would this be at the firebarn, cop shop with the baseball field behind it?
    thats the spot

I just sent a letter since I will not be able to attend.
    98 TJ 4.0/5spd, D30 w/Aussie, D44 welded, 3.5" RE Superflex, 1.25" body lift, rear corner crushers with sunken LED taillights, flat fendered front, OBA, sitting on 33s.
    4Given4x4.com
    http://www.jt4x4.com/
    http://www.NOVA4x4.org

Just got back, so here’ s my quick report.

Thank you very much to everybody who attended, and especially those who spoke up with their comments. The comments lasted an entire hour straight. Had more people shown up, I don’t know that there would have been time to hear them all. There were very strong feels and comments from both sides.

I think the positive opinions representing the ORV / ATV community were very well voiced and all aspects that needed to be considered were mentioned. The committee certainly has a lot to consider now.

Those opposed cited noise as their #1 reason, and honestly, they didn’t have much else. I think the supporting side did a great job of answering their concerns for the noise.

I did what I could and spoke my peace, and hopefully it did some good. I was even surprised when my wife stood up and said a few words.

I could write for 2 pages straight with more details, but it probably doesn’t matter at this point in the game. This battle is far from over. If I recall correctly, this was simply the planning committee, and they only have the power to forward these comments to a board of directors, that will ultimately issue or not issue the zoning ordinance.

I’ll be there to support whatever happens in the near future. The board has my number if they wish to contact me for further support.

Knaffie,
    I think you pretty much covered it. There was so much I wanted to say and give some responses to others but the format of these meetings doesn't allow it. BTW, I enjoyed listening to your wife more than you.

I think it boils down to this, if they want to maintain their quaint little community, the park will struggle. If they want to bring in dollars to the community, they will allow the park.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Nobody enjoys listening to me babble, but I do anyway.

I was really surprised when my wife stood up. She really did have a great point about the noise that nobody else really hit on. Until you can measure and quantify it, everything said is useless opinions. Everybody's opinion about what is loud, annoying, inappropriate, acceptable, etc. is going to be different. I'm sure once they get the appropriate equipment in place, they'll soon find that the noise generated by the park is no louder than semis, Harleys, lawnmowers, and many other things that they have been living with for years. Even if its acceptable, they can set goals and be able to measure the improvement.