Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This past weekends adventure

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Well, the new driveshaft is in the truck & all is well. After a closer inspection of the trailer hitch, it appears that the only damage was to the 4" drop insert. (broke in half)

Vic has done a good inspection of the trailer and the only damage was to the front marker lights, the license plate bracket and a twinge on the ramp bracket underneath. The jeep is back on the trailer & ready to come home.

Then I just gotta pull the trans for ANOTHER rebuild. (it was just gone through in August)
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 5 2005, 06&#58;14 AM) [snapback]6914[/snapback]</div>
    Well, the new driveshaft is in the truck & all is well. After a closer inspection of the trailer hitch, it appears that the only damage was to the 4" drop insert. (broke in half)

Vic has done a good inspection of the trailer and the only damage was to the front marker lights, the license plate bracket and a twinge on the ramp bracket underneath. The jeep is back on the trailer & ready to come home.

Then I just gotta pull the trans for ANOTHER rebuild. (it was just gone through in August)
    [/b]
    :cough:Manual:cough:
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Shakr

On the "pucker factor " rating system how would you rate yourself on the ride down the hill ??? . did you say to yourself this is going to leave a mark. I have experienced this only going forward and sliding toward a stop sign , I can&#39;t imagine how it felt going backwards down a grade.

Not trying to imply tough guy here but I think it was pretty calm. I remember saying to Pat "we&#39;re going down" and then just hanging on.

To me it was more emotional after it was all done realizing that nothing catastrophic had happened and how much hard effort was put in by the guys without so much as a whimper. 4 hours later and hardly anyone had even stopped for water. (Except for Brad who kept the cigars lit)

And Lucas: cough, throw out bearing, cough
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 5 2005, 11&#58;52 AM) [snapback]6921[/snapback]</div>
    .... (Except for Brad who kept the cigars lit)

[/b]
    If Brad is anything like myself (no harm intended): a lit cigar helps my ability to focus. :jam:
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 5 2005, 08&#58;52 AM) [snapback]6921[/snapback]</div>

[/b]
    yeah, I was waiting for it&#33;&#33;
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 5 2005, 08&#58;52 AM) [snapback]6921[/snapback]</div>
    And Lucas: cough, throw out bearing, cough[/b]
    :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Good one, Jim&#33;

MuddyPaws

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Dec 5 2005, 11&#58;52 AM) [snapback]6921[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

:bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163: :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

hunter2005

:na-na: the trip looked like alot of fun... that had to be one heck of a ride... me i would have been saying bye bye to truck and trailer.... look forward to more pics....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hunter2005 &#064; Dec 7 2005, 11&#58;24 AM) [snapback]6982[/snapback]</div>
    :na-na: the trip looked like alot of fun... that had to be one heck of a ride... me i would have been saying bye bye to truck and trailer.... look forward to more pics....
    [/b]

Go to the next post, it says more pics from thanksgiving weekend.

I dont know why the guy who posted them didnt put them all together :bigemo_harabe_net-130:
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!