Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall Tour Anyone?

Default Fall Tour Anyone?

I am an ATV guy so I do very little full size stuff. But I was wondering if there are any plans to do a Fall Color Tour - something easy that my stock Liberty can handle?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out the Hallowheeling event. We had a great time last year and are looking forward to this year. We hit the color just right and the weather too.

Trails around the area are all sandy two track. No problems for a liberty. You may get a few branch pinstripes though. There are no organized trail ridws but there are a lot of people there who like to just head out in the woods or over to the St Helens scramble area. Make sure you have an ORV sticker for the St Helens area.
    Last edited by Greenway; August 5th, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

I was thinking about getting some people together to go to the UP, but then I was invited to go with a group in about a week so that's way too soon.

I still may try to organize something. West Branch is always a good location. I may try to go someplace else though. I'll post something up when I figure it out.

If all else fails and I don't "organize" something, get with me anyway. One way or another, I will be going and doing a little wheeling when the leaves change. You can join me.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

MAYBE one of the TROLLS would offer to lead a Fall Color Tour along their usual route???
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Wandering But Not Lost GLFWDA Member Rattler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDS4X4 View Post
    MAYBE one of the TROLLS would offer to lead a Fall Color Tour along their usual route???
    The wife and I have been on a couple of the Trolls Fall Color Tours (one was "colorless" thanks to snow) and had a great time on both. Hopefully they have another this year. They skipped last year.
    You boys up from the Iron League hey? Lotsa fights? RIP Paul Newman

Very good. I know some of the members of atvoffroad have been on the Trolls ride but I have never made one. I am trying to plan something the wife would enjoy as well. She is not much for riding atv's.

The Troll's fall color tour has been a great outing for many years.

T-Way?
    Timbercruiser?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Just another ant. Business Member shaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    Check out the Hallowheeling event. We had a great time last year and are looking forward to this year. We hit the color just right and the weather too.

Trails around the area are all sandy two track. No problems for a liberty. You may get a few branch pinstripes though. There are no organized trail ridws but there are a lot of people there who like to just head out in the woods or over to the St Helens scramble area. Make sure you have an ORV sticker for the St Helens area.

x2 There will no doubt be some trail rides go out, just watch who your trail leader is and ask them what their plans are for difficulty of trails.
    Some times you live and learn, sometimes you just live.

I was thinking of heading to Drummond Island when the colors change up there. I had a great time in the spring there and it seems like the fall colors would be beautiful.

Henry

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The WLB "color run" is scheduled for Oct 17. We usually head to West Branch and/or St Helen for the day.

We are a bunch of elitist snobbs - our events are not open to the public, but I bet I know someone who could invite you as a guest....
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV