Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tellico pics from Yesterday!

Default Tellico pics from Yesterday!

Wonder how the environment at Tellico looks since wheeling was halted there? Pics taken by a member from Pirate this past weekend (Yellowxj).

Well yeah, but that's OK because of the almighty $$$$$$.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

The only legal wheeling vehicle endorsed by our government........

ransawoakenargsmerfigargle!!!

75 Wagoneer : 01 TJ : 06 Chevy 2500HD 4x4

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
    The only legal wheeling vehicle endorsed by our government........

Yes, but it has tire chains so the tires don't spin and create an erosive condition.

Wonder where all the Greenies are now? That bottom picture shows a lot more runoff then all of combined would ever put into the water.

Like stated though, for the government, it is the $$ generated by the logging more than the environmental issues raised by either side.

Just another ant. Business Member shaker's Avatar

How does complaining about logging operations help our cause?

As I see it wood is a renewable resource that requires logging to take advantage of. And responsible logging is not going to stop the planet from turning. The way I see it, we should work with or at least try to work with the logging industry against a common enemy.

Complaining and making a big stink about such things does us no good. Yet gives traction to the bone heads left extremist greenies. We give them something to point to. We want to drive in the woods and cause some erosion, but turn and complain about someone else causing some erosion. Just shooting ourselves in the foot.

My $.02
    Some times you live and learn, sometimes you just live.

I think the point being made was that it is apparently ok for our government to cause the erosion, 10 fold, but it is not ok for us. Remember, the federal government is the one behind the logging operation. Where is Trout Unilimited now?
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

I've always wanted to go to Tellico. Guess I'll buy a used log skidder and go hit some trails!!!!!

President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaker View Post
    How does complaining about logging operations help our cause?

As I see it wood is a renewable resource that requires logging to take advantage of. And responsible logging is not going to stop the planet from turning. The way I see it, we should work with or at least try to work with the logging industry against a common enemy.

Complaining and making a big stink about such things does us no good. Yet gives traction to the bone heads left extremist greenies. We give them something to point to. We want to drive in the woods and cause some erosion, but turn and complain about someone else causing some erosion. Just shooting ourselves in the foot.

My $.02
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    I think the point being made was that it is apparently ok for our government to cause the erosion, 10 fold, but it is not ok for us. Remember, the federal government is the one behind the logging operation. Where is Trout Unilimited now?
    Correct. Tellico was closed to wheeling due to erosion and water quality. As the photos show, the logging operation that was started after the wheelers were kicked out is causing more damage in both those regards.

The thread was not started to point a finger at the logging operation, but rather at the fact that the very reasion for the closure of Tellico to our use is continuing now, in an even bigger way. My point was to show how the FS is NOT following up on events unfolding in the area at this time.

As you pointed out Shaker, responsible logging is a fact of life. Extreme runoff and fluids spilled randomly are not a part of that responsible way of working.

To me, when we stop caring and monitoring the land use by all, we have buried our heads in the sands. I don't want to wait until they are trying to close SL or St. Helen's to fight, I'd rather set the tone of our involvement wherever they try to take land use away from us, or, as in this case, don't play on a level field.

That is my .02, for what it is worth.