Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Migration 2010

well i haven't been much help at all, but has there been any progress?

Yes, I'll post details soon. Keep an eye out.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

WOW 10 pages now. What are the proposed dates?
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

So I take it this has not been planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    So I take it this has not been planned?
    Nope. Too few people available to help. I personally want to see this continue. Maybe next year...
    Oz
    KD8NFX

not maybe. definitely.
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

'86 cj7

Help me finish my Jeep and I'll be there next year!
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

What needs to be done? We may need a little HELP too. I can't do it myself. I have some ideas to make it cool, but would need assistance.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Once I get my Jeep together, I can offer help on the ground. But I can help at home if you need someone in that area!
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Quote Originally Posted by lgottler View Post
    Once I get my Jeep together, I can offer help on the ground. But I can help at home if you need someone in that area!
    I would think help on the ground would be what would be needed most. With the previous event, there were a couple different pre runs that needed to be done which is quite a task when each time I was driving 2 to 3 hours one way just to get to where I needed to be. They ended up being long days. I was also quite stressed out being the only person that knew the route (which was questionable due to gps issues). This could have been a real issue also if my rig would have broke down or something.

In a perfect world, I'd love to have multiple leaders. Realistically, if we kept the format of parks, a few phone calls is all that's needed to set up the dates. However, creative and fun routes between the parks is needed and I would love to have a different person run each portion. Somebody who is familiar with the area that could also provide some fun info. For instance, while prerunning some sections with Pat B, he was able to take us to a couple places and also offer some insightful info about the area that I though was cool. Not to mention being able to tell us about certain areas that were fought with the DNR over, which spreads awareness about GLFWDA, which is ultimately what we and this event are about. In the end, local knowledge of the trails is sooooo much better than some guy just following a gps. It would be cool to have some of the clubs maybe show us some of their favorite spots. Maybe even get onto some private property. Everyone knows a guy who has a trail cutting through their back woods. Even if they are short trails, it would be cool to hit some trails that aren't normally available.
    Oz
    KD8NFX