Thread: new toys are fun!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

Default new toys are fun!

i took my tj in to regear and lock the front axle. the guy that was regearing it has a cj juggy he never uses. he said he was gonna sell it. i jokingly said id trade him. he took me up on it. so now i own a cj juggy. many of you guys have seen it b4. my tj was super clean and very low miles. it needed all the steering and suspension gone through. it was a complete hack job.

its not pretty, but it has some very nice drivetrain components. ill work on making it look a little better. trying to make it look a little more street legal for the once a year it sees a friday night woodward cruise.
    its backhalved & boatsided, all tube from the front seats back. race runner 2.0 dual rate coilovers all around. hi pinion dana 60 front w/detroit and 5.38 gears. low pinion dana 60 rear w/ a spool and 35 spline moser shafts. 3 link front. 4 link rear. full hydro steering. 4 wheel disc brakes. t18 creeeper 4 spd. flipped 300 w/4to1 gears & twin sticked. a very low mile c.o.p. 4.0L. m8274-50 w/synthetic rope. about 140 to 1 crawl ratio.
    ill throw up some pics when the wife gets back in town.

still working too much to use it. "if" i get a day off ill go flog it and see what breaks first.

if you have a cj good hood, decent tubsides from the doors back, or cj soft doors im lookin.
    thx,
    joe
    Last edited by joe_jeep; June 7th, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Interesting turn of events?

Being busy at work is a good thing with the job market the way it is.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Quote Originally Posted by phittie1100 View Post
    Interesting turn of events?

Being busy at work is a good thing with the job market the way it is.
    3 times now ive been told we will be out of work next week. next week has never come. i know im good till the end of the month. after that im not sure. too many hours though, 14 hrs a day is no fun!

better than being out of work though!

sorry, i have been no help to the association in months. after a long day i have dinner and go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
    3 times now ive been told we will be out of work next week. next week has never come. i know im good till the end of the month. after that im not sure. too many hours though, 14 hrs a day is no fun!

better than being out of work though!

sorry, i have been no help to the association in months. after a long day i have dinner and go to bed.
    You've got your priorities in the right spot. Now, let's see a pic. Who did you buy it from?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    You've got your priorities in the right spot. Now, let's see a pic. Who did you buy it from?
    I got it from Mike (Wizzard) he used to be an MSG member. He got me into GLFWDA. Its not pretty, its been rolled more than once. Got some nice parts in it though. Im chasing a few body parts now to pretty it up a little. Ill post pics tomorrow. The wife got laid off so she went up north for 10 days with the camera.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Congratulations!
    I'm looking forward to seeing it (and you) in da woods sometime.

Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?