Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Website updates...

MuddyPaws

Bla...I travel with that stuff everywhere I go. We didn't even get to do the video part but I am getting more footage in the mail from others and will be editing a new GG video as soon as I have all the footage.

Anyone that has digital footage...i'll take what I can get. PM me for my address and info.

I have updated the links page....you just can't see the new one yet...and kept any association that is alive that I can find. I also updated all of their links to reflect current sites. Many were hosted under united when the gl page was written but now have their owner servers. I have fixed those links.

There some other issues I will deal with on the links page before I turn the new one on.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

By all means we should use any link that supports our cause. My reference to the United website was just meant to be a point of reference where some of the current links were.

East Coast is in my Favorites file.

Doing GOOD, Tim. That's what I like ... someone with the enthusiasm (sp?) and KNOWLEDGE to GIT 'IR DONE! (Can you run spell check while typing a post?)

Here is a 4X4 Club link you should post ... It's a GREAT site, a GREAT club, with GREAT people and GREAT trail rides and ALL are on PRIVATE property! We're going back in 2006. Two Rivers Jeep Club from IL http://www.trjc.com/ I'd be a member if it wasn't so far to drive for the meetings.
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

On my browser, the main page and contact page text looks normal, but on some other pages the text looks really big?

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

MuddyPaws

I'm trying to figure that out lucas...on my browser the main mage and contacts looks real small, very hard to read. For example, the font on the "associate members" page is Arial, 12pt, Normal and it displays good on my machine. A bit larger but the look I was going for for that page. Now the links page is Arial, 10pt, Normal...and again, displays good for me. Maybe it's something with my zoom settings on this local machine. I haven't checked it with the laptops yet. That's what's nice about having 3 computers to see how it looks with different browsers and settings. One thing I noticed in the code is that it was originally letting the local machine pick the font and size. Easy to do but makes the page display poorly on machines with different settings.

I will figure it out, just have to find the magic setting.

For example, this is a 100% size screen shot off my pc of the main page...I can't hardly read it.

Wow! That whole paragraph on my PC, to the right of the GL logo takes up the whole area next to the logo! I think you run a much higher res than I do.

Here's mine....

I wonder if you can "force" text to be a size in this circumstance...depending on your res??? or just leave it up to each person to figure that out for themselves?

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics