Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DNR Announces Series of Statewide Town Hall Meetings to Engage Public in Determining

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrr....

69 Days and counting.
    Don't worry, we will still have lots of meeting opportunties once you retire...
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member TWEAK's Avatar

Went to the meeting in Midland tonight - very good discussions. If you have the opportunity to attend one of these, I would highly recommend it.

One thing that I found out tonight in a separate discussion with a DNR agent was the House Bills 0388 and 0389... which deal with the State park stickers. Basically the way that I read the bills, Michigan SOS licensed vehicles would be (or have the option) to be licensed to use the state parks based on the fact that it is licensed in the state. (I see that Bill 389 says it may be an additional $10 fee). Out of state users would have to get a "pass".

More information can be found here:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...9-SIB-0388.htm

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...9-SIB-0389.htm
    Past Land Use Committee Chairman, now serving on the Land Use Committee
    Tri-City Trail Riders President since 2010
    83' CJ-7, I-6 Propane with HEI, SOA, 4.10's and lockers

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member TWEAK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trail_Fanatic View Post
    Just back from the GR meeting.

Folks, this is a VOTE situation.
    Everyone sits around tables and brainstorms what they would like to see the Dept. do better.

I sat in the room as the lone 4x4 enthusiast with 50 greenies, 30 hunters, 20 anglers, a half dozen mountain bikers, a half dozen equestrians, and 1 dirt biker. How well do you think my voice was heard?

That's right. It wasn't.

IF we want to be heard at this set of meetings (AND WE DO!) then we need MANY 4x4 enthusiasts to descend upon these meetings and make SURE they understand that it's all about ACCESS.

Not just 4x4, but access period. Pull down the gates and let the people in - whatever their recreation.

PLEASE make every effort to attend the rest of these meetings and make sure you are HEARD.

Thank you for your participation.
    There were a lot of folks from equestrian clubs that were at the Midland meeting tonight. Sounds like we share many of the same issues that they do.
    Past Land Use Committee Chairman, now serving on the Land Use Committee
    Tri-City Trail Riders President since 2010
    83' CJ-7, I-6 Propane with HEI, SOA, 4.10's and lockers

I want to thank the folks who attended last night on our behalf, Rob Lawrence, Steve Gradowski, Dale Strobel. All Tri-City Trailrider members.

Like Rob said, it was a very good meeting with a wide variety of users. One crowd did stand out and that was the horse faction. They are getting the short end of the stick as far as places to ride.

The folks from the Pigeon River area were also out in force. i wish we could have had more than 2 hours to discuss our issues. I know I didn't have enough time to get out all of they things on my short list.

The VP of the MSA and a forester were also at our table. It was suggested that at future meetings that we split up folks from the same organizations so they are not all at one table and the different interest groups can mingle together better than we did. The idea was well recieved.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

I just got back from the Novi meeting. We rough counted about 85 or so people and there were 10 GLFWDA members there.

Once again, equestrian folks were the most represented. Mountain bikers also had a few people get up and speak. We had a good turnout, but definitely did not overwhelm the meeting.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A HUGE Thank you to ALL who attended any of these meetings!
    This format isn't offered often and it's nice to take advantage of it when we can.

So did it sound like you got the access point across to them?
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For those of you who missed the meetings that still want your comments heard, the DNR is encouraging you to voice your opinion via this link.

There are 4 different areas that each have 2 questions to answer. For anything you wish to say beyond their questions, put that in your answer too. They will read it. The more wheelers we can get to do this the better off we'll be.

Out of about 85 people there, we had 10 GLFWDA members or about 12%. The only larger group were the horse people.

I thought it was well worth the time taken.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

actually 12 gl4wda members...lori and i from atv offroad club of michigan were there too....and a third member of ours, but not yours...one ccc member that i saw.
    lots of horse folks...
    naaa na

I saw your shirt while we were in the meeting, but didn't know you were a GLFWDA member, too. Good deal.