Thread: Sundowners Rodeo

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sundowners Rodeo

SUNDOWNERS

ANNUAL RODEO

RAIN OR SHINE

Saturday, July 25th, 2009

Registration & Tech Inspection at 9:00 a.m. Drivers meeting at 10:00 a.m.

You must show proof of insurance to attend and drive your vehicle on the property.

Pig Roast at 1:00 p.m. Please bring a dish to pass and your own non-alcoholic beverage.

Cost $15.00 per vehicle.

Rodeo T-Shirts - $12.00 each

Please pre-order no later than July 11th to Marie Dunning, 269-873-2322 or mdunning@fpepumps.com. There are no guarantees we will have your size the day of the event.

Camping and muddin’ afterwards at Wayne & Sandy’s. Directions available at registration and alcohol is permitted in moderation.

Abe Dunning 269-929-2299
    Marie Dunning 269-873-2322
    mdunning@fpepumps.com

I'm with DDS. Not familiar with this... more info please?
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

'86 cj7

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Until they get here to give more info, I'll tell you what I know . . .

Sundowners lease an abandoned gravel pit near Kalamazoo. It's not huge, but it is enough to be really fun. It offers a variety of terrain. They have a wide range of games to play. Things like relay races (in your vehicle), mud competitions (how far can you get?), etc. One year you had to pull and replace the spark plugs out of engine blocks on stands to see who could do it the fastest. They also have a great lunch and plenty of give-aways too.

All in all, it's a GREAT time!
    I HIGHLY recommend it.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The property where the games are played is approx 80 acres. The lunch is a pig roast, bring a dish to pass, your own beverage (no alcohol at this property), and bring a chair, canopy tent if you want shade as it is limited where we eat. Some people let their kids swim in the pond.

After we are done at the rodeo we go back to our place and have some more wheeling around the pond and on the track in back. Even have a really deep hole if you desire being winched. People are welcome to primitive camping here and drinking is allowed with moderation. There will be a bon fire. And food left over will be brought back here and put in the refrigerator for later use.

At both properties children are their parents responsibility please keep an eye on them. Porta jons will be available at both properties. Hope to see you there. More info to follow.

Exact schedule of events and entry donation for the rodeo is still being developed and I will post it when it is finished.
    Generaly, the drivers meeting is around 10am, meal is around noon (pig roast), the prize drawings are around 3pm. There will be 3 or 4 organized games/events (participation optional) and open wheeling the whole time. After the raffle we move the party and leftover food to silver fox's place.

There will be a tech inspection looking for basic safety issues (securely attached seat belts, battery tie down, tow points, working 4wd, etc).

We have Sundowners Rodeo T-shirts available for $12 each. To reserve shirts either pm or email me menck@sbcglobal.net with your name and sizes. Pick them up and pay for them at the rodeo. Deadline for pre order is 10pm on 7/9/09. We get a few extra of the common sizes but they are first come first serve on the day of the rodeo.

Blog Entries

I can't make the Event, but i would like to order an XL T-Shirt if it is permissible.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Blog Entries

Updated the info at the top and have it here as a PDF for download if you like:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html