Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Does this sound like someone we want as an Assoc member?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperz-Creeperz View Post
    So because I choose not to jump in there and defend whatever (didn't even see, much less read the post) I don't have the associations back? Or your back?

I'd love to be the champion for the association, but I don't have to the time to run around and put out each fire that erupts. I donate financially and with my time. I guess you can label me as one of the "cop outs" since I support the association as much as I am able to but am unable to make most meetings and cannot (will not) reply to each and every thread about the association.

I suppose that makes me much less a member than you.
    Kevin,
    I don't think you fall into the catagory that Pat's talking about "having a member's back", especially if you did not see the particular thread. I'll just use myself. I have received emails and pm's from people telling me that they agree with me and "so and so" is an idiot. But, they choose not to post it publically within that thread. So, it makes a person like me who is trying to point out the good things about GLFWDA feeling like the lone ranger.

Make sense?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does this sound like someone we want as an Assoc member?
    In a word, Yes!

Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association (GLFWDA) does not have the luxury to pick and choose who they/we want as Members, we are not elitists. We are the Association that “acts as the region's voice to help keep our trails open so that we can continue to use our land and enjoy these outdoor activities for generations to come.”

I am willing to accept anyone regardless of age, race, religious preference, sex, vehicle of choice, willingness (or not) to speak their opinion, etc.

For everyone that feels they need to defend Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association (GLFWDA), Thank You with a But! Instead of defending GLFWDA, just share our recent accomplishments and let them speak for themselves:

Phase 1 of the Rock Course at The Mounds is Complete!
    Phase 2 of the Rock Course at The Mounds has been funded and is to be completed this summer.

Phase 1 of the Rock at St Helens has been funded.

We have actual ORV Routes on Drummond Island.

The State has reinitiated the intention to establish a Scramble Area in South East Michigan.

The five items listed above have been at a conceptual stage for more years than many of those wheeling today have been wheeling.

This short list doesn’t even begin to address the number of Trails/Roads that were saved from closure or opened last year.

In the last few days I have spent more time on a number of web sites, responding to e-mails and having telephone conversations in discussion/debate of what one or more persons perception of GLFWDA is and attempting to find reason where none truly exists. We have been fortunate and have accomplished things for the full-size community that we should all be sharing in the jubilation instead of poking each other in the chest.

My focus is the tasks yet accomplished for the full-size community such as:

Revision of PA 451 of 1994, Part 811

ORV Route Designation in the West Branch, Ogemaw Hills and Rose City area

Instead of concerned GLFWDA is getting a bad rap. Our accomplishments speak for themselves. If through our accomplishments we are successful in growing our Membership, Great! If people are unable to put the past in the past and forgive those with personalities that grate like fingernails on a chalk board, there is nothing We/I are going to do about it.

Continue to pick up the trash, get to know your State Legislator (personally), your Congressperson (personally) and your Senator (personally) to start and we will continue to make change in Support of Our Sport.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Just another ant. Business Member shaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Kevin,
    I don't think you fall into the catagory that Pat's talking about "having a member's back", especially if you did not see the particular thread. I'll just use myself. I have received emails and pm's from people telling me that they agree with me and "so and so" is an idiot. But, they choose not to post it publically within that thread. So, it makes a person like me who is trying to point out the good things about GLFWDA feeling like the lone ranger.

Make sense?
    Maybe some of us don't feel GLFWDA needs a knight in shining armor. Maybe it is high time you got down off your high horse and stop pushing people away from GLFWDA with your overly aggressive guilt trip tactics.

And believe me I have recieved a lot of PM's that say not so nice things about you. None of that matters.
    Some times you live and learn, sometimes you just live.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyTop View Post
    +

=

Delicous Irony there Pat.

It's amazing, folks want the "Drama" to cease, but they are the main cause of it.
    So do you want the drama to cease? And if so why were you the first person to reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    It is ironic isn't it?
    I am just wondering what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?

Long Forgotten GLFWDA Member

Quote Originally Posted by shaker View Post
    So do you want the drama to cease? And if so why were you the first person to reply?

I am just wondering what are you trying to accomplish with this thread?
    You continually start the drama! You are a hypocrite nothing more, nothing less. All of your replies so far, contain NOTHING but hypocrisy.

Delayed reaction? You reply about eight times and move to me? Take it to PM's if you want to swing your crap my way.

You continually start the drama! You are a hypocrite nothing more, nothing less. All of your replies so far, contain NOTHING but hypocrisy.

Delayed reaction? You reply about eight times and move to me? Take it to PM's if you want to swing your crap my way.

I spent my time biting my tongue, now I am fighting fire with fire. Keep it going, this thread is really helping all of us.

Why did you not tell Ironman to take it to PM's instead of stroking his ego? As if he needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaker View Post
    I spend time creating drama, instead of practicing what I preach to others.
    Fixed

Fixed
    I did not start this thread, I am being attacked in it. I did not start the thread on GL4x4.

I am preaching if you do not want drama don't start drama.

Here is a message for everyone, flame me or my parents you can expect some flames in return. I am tired of fighting the fire, my new position is to add a log to any fire started grab some marshmallows and enjoy.