Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PeatSorb

Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperz-Creeperz View Post
    Have you tried marketing this stuff to BP?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I see it has been over a year since this thread was active. Bump to remind you this is a good product.

I just put some of this stuff down on the garage floor today to soak up a spill.

And I've not sold a single container to anybody in Mich in literally that long. Pretty sad if you ask me.
    Does we only have web wheelers now?
    j-kb8ymf

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
    And I've not sold a single container to anybody in Mich in literally that long. Pretty sad if you ask me.
    j-kb8ymf
    What gets me is the poor attitude some people have in regards to vehicle related spills. I was disappointed to see that a couple people on GL4x4 wanted to argue the point to just leave oil spilled on trails and rocks in place because in the grand scheme 'my little bit doesn't matter.'

The lack of individual responsibility is amazing. I was always taught to remember "It starts with me."

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I must not be wheeling hard enough Jim. I faithfully lug my 32.4oz Maxwell House jug of PeatSorb everywhere, but have not had a spill nor had anyone in my group have a spill since I started carrying it. But like my first aid kit, fire extinguisher, gallon jug of water and 45# tool bag I carry it in case I need it. It takes up some space, adds a little weight, but I would rather go prepared than not. I did however bump into a guy on DI last year dead on the side of the road who needed my spare quart of oil. He didn't need the PeatSorb though because he wasn't really sure when/where he had lost the oil....
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Greenway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
    j-kb8ymf
    Not according to the new pinstriping on the JK

But with gas so expensive and tow rigs getting such sucky mileage, (I picture yours ) I feel lucky that I can still afford to wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
    Not according to the new pinstriping on the JK

But with gas so expensive and tow rigs getting such sucky mileage, (I picture yours ) I feel lucky that I can still afford to wheel.
    I actually got almost 10 mpg on my trip out west last month. It dropped to just under 9 pulling all the grades.
    You need a good bladder to drive that though. I only had to stop once coming back from the western side of Montana
    j-kb8ymf

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Default learning

Well guys I learned something today about peat sorb seems like good product. Although my truck doesn't leak oil it would be something good to have on the trail . Now you all know that I jinks myself because I am most likely going to go out and my truck. Will be peeing some kinda fluid. Talked to my friend Zac AKA Buzz700r said he and the family had a great time last weekend out at the mounds been wanting to get my truck muddy for sometime just been to busy at work. Well talk to you all soon hope to start meeting some of you Jeff. AKA the water buffalo

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dredging up an old useful post from the archives - I have a bale of Peatsorb available and am willing to share for a small donation at the summer quarterly meeting. Bring your own container - coffee can, Ziploc bag or Homer bucket, this stuff makes a great trail spill kit, and impresses the heck out of your friends!
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV