Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Thank You SOFO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade II View Post
    It was great to have you guys along Wish you could have stayed for the banquet, what I remember of it was fun If you can swing it be sure to come back next year

And one more thing, Joachim never did tell us what they call these hats on your side of the pond???
    You guys look great in them hats! We call them "Pälsmössa", translates to furhat - if there is such a word in the English language.
    I actually got one myself last week, as a present from Skoda (the Czech car). I was test driving a new 4x4 Skoda in the north of Sweden.
    We slept in the Ice hotel. On reindeerskins, in sleepingbags. Temp was 23 F. Cold, but interesting... wouldn´t want to do it again, though.
    Sorry if this got off topic. Your picture got me off the track!
    (You can check out the Ice hotel here: www.icehotel.com)

I´m with a reporter from Norway in the picture, we´re sipping "Wolfpaw", Absolut and lingonberryjuice. In ice-glasses. Last for about two refills. The bar desk is also made of ice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Icehotelbar.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	294  

tjena joachim and gunnar!

Next time you will have to come to the banquet and bring some lingodrika and a few bags of bilar = ) oh yes and a few cans of snus for me (general snus is fine)=) =)

SoFO is really happy you were able to make it to our event and have fun with us. Hope to see you next year???

hej da,
    Kirk

ps. I can't find and tyrkisk peber here to make salmiakkikoskenkorva... let me know if you can help me out somehow
    -DD SoFO

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Sounds GREEK ... err ... SWEDISH to me, Kirk.

GREAT having you guys along!
    Thanks for including us in your travel plans!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Quote Originally Posted by Deathdealer View Post
    tjena joachim and gunnar!

Next time you will have to come to the banquet and bring some lingodrika and a few bags of bilar = ) oh yes and a few cans of snus for me (general snus is fine)=) =)

SoFO is really happy you were able to make it to our event and have fun with us. Hope to see you next year???

hej da,
    Kirk

ps. I can't find and tyrkisk peber here to make salmiakkikoskenkorva... let me know if you can help me out somehow
    Kirk,
    you sound like you know what´s it all about. If we return we will of course bring you both bilar, General and turkisk peppar.

(To the rest of you: Those are candy, not something a rabbit has left in the woods)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	800px-Tyrkisk_Peber.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	295  
    Last edited by 4WDSweden; January 30th, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4WDSweden View Post
    You guys look great in them hats! We call them "Pälsmössa", translates to furhat - if there is such a word in the English language.
    I actually got one myself last week, as a present from Skoda (the Czech car). I was test driving a new 4x4 Skoda in the north of Sweden.
    We slept in the Ice hotel. On reindeerskins, in sleepingbags. Temp was 23 F. Cold, but interesting... wouldn´t want to do it again, though.
    Sorry if this got off topic. Your picture got me off the track!
    (You can check out the Ice hotel here: www.icehotel.com)

I´m with a reporter from Norway in the picture, we´re sipping "Wolfpaw", Absolut and lingonberryjuice. In ice-glasses. Last for about two refills. The bar desk is also made of ice.

/offtopic There was a big special on the History channel here about the Ice Hotel. Very interesting how they built it. That would be quite the experience.

Thanks again for coming!

Tack!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4WDSweden View Post
    Kirk,
    you sound like you know what´s it all about. If we return we will of course bring you both bilar, General and turkisk peppar.

(To the rest of you: Those are candy, not something a rabbit has left in the woods)
    -DD SoFO

This is just WRONG!

"Turkisk Peppar" in Sweden) is a strong liquorice candy flavored with ammonium chloride (salmiakki) and pepper,

Recent comments from a radio show:

"It's like fire in my mouth!", "It's so terrible, why would anybody do that?", "It's like they filled it with poison".

And you want to eat these things! You are really sick!
    j

Quote Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
    This is just WRONG!

"Turkisk Peppar" in Sweden) is a strong liquorice candy flavored with ammonium chloride (salmiakki) and pepper,

Recent comments from a radio show:

"It's like fire in my mouth!", "It's so terrible, why would anybody do that?", "It's like they filled it with poison".

And you want to eat these things! You are really sick!
    j
    No, don´t eat it... use Kirk´s method! Awesome shot... Makes boys outta men.

Gunnar

you smash them up and put them in vodka
    -DD SoFO