Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Drummond Island ORV Route Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by lgottler View Post
    So, can the membership see it because we are "WE" and if "WE" got to see it can't we see it too? we=WE therefore WE=we?

I just feel the membership has a right to see what the GLFWDA members of the group Drummond Island Trails Work Group decided to submit on the behalf of all the membership. Even in a very early edition.

?
    No. Wait for the approval.
    Oz
    KD8NFX

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lgottler View Post
    So, can the membership see it because we are "WE" and if "WE" got to see it can't we see it too? we=WE therefore WE=we?

I just feel the membership has a right to see what the GLFWDA members of the group Drummond Island Trails Work Group decided to submit on the behalf of all the membership. Even in a very early edition.

?
    Miscommunication is at the root of many misconceptions or rumors. Both misconceptions and rumors have hindered and almost destroyed this Association throughout its history which is demonstrated in the various clubs and individuals that have great angst toward Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association.

The bottom line is, we (those of us involved) did the very best we could. That being said, if the end result is less than that deserving of this great Associations Membership I will gladly stand aside and allow someone with better foresight and leadership take the reins of President.

I don’t profess to have all the answers and will need a great deal of help from the Membership to be successful. At the point I fail to do what is in the best interest of the Membership, I trust someone will have the courage to tell me step aside.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

Hang in there,Bob ... WE stand beside you or is it behind you ??? I have wheeled behind you and like what I see ... you and that H2 in action!!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Lucas,
    I think you are overly anxious. We voted people into positions and appointed committee chairs with the trust and assumption that they would act in our best interest. To my knowledge, there are 4 or 5 different members from this site who have been attending these meetings on our behalf. They have settled on a plan with the DNR that they feel represents us well. In fact, as I understand it, this is the very first set of trails designated as ORV routes that will actually challenge a full size user! They also have an agreement to not disclose details until it has been reviewed by the state.

So I say, trust our guys and have faith that they have done us right.

And Bob............................ you're not going ANYWHERE!
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member T-way's Avatar

I can understand the desire to know what is going on. But, as an employee of the State, working for a Department that enforces State law, I deal with policies and drafts all the time. And I know that, if a new policy or proposal is drawn up, and it's in the draft stage, it will be marked "DRAFT" on all copies. Those copies may only be distributed to individuals with a direct involvement in the issue at hand.

So...there is no conspiracy to hide information here. It is simply in a draft policy stage, and until it's accepted or declined, those of us who were not part of the process have to be patient.

Thanks to all who have been working so hard on this issue!!

President - Troll Four Wheelers
    Vice President - ATVOffroad.net
    I'm Still Out There - I Haven't Gone Away!!