Just a quick update to let everyone know that I came home from the hospital last Friday to recuperate here at my sweetie's house in Cheboygan.

First of all, I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you who posted prayers and well wishes, sent cards, or called me in the hospital. Until this happened to me, I had NO IDEA just how many people cared about me. This has been a life-changing event, and I sincerely appreciate all of the prayers and well wishes that have been coming my way. Please keep them coming - I've got a long way to go to get back to where I was before the accident.

As you know, someone ran a stop sign in front of me and my sweetheart on our bike. We T-boned the van at 30 mph, and I took the brunt of the force with my face and head. My face and upper jaw were crushed, and had to be rebuilt. My 7th cervical vertebrae was broken, and ended up pinching a nerve in my left arm. I had facial reconstruction surgery, and have a face full of plates (8 I think) holding me together. I then had a surgery to repair my neck, and will need therapy for my arm. I'm learning to walk again, and my progress is slow but steady. I lost about 20 pounds and all of my muscle tone, so it's going to take a while to get it all back.

I also suffered a basal skull fracture that appears to have caused about a 50 to 75% hearing loss in my right ear. Further testing will tell if it's permanent, but at this point it looks like it probably will be. Small price to pay for the type of accident we were in - we're both lucky to be alive. The docs didn't think I was going to make it at first because I had lost so much blood and they couldn't control the bleeding.

I thank God that my sweetie was spared, and also for all of the love and prayers of my family and friends. Thank you to all of you for your concern. I can't wait to see you all out on the trails!