Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hey who's doing the Woodward Cruise?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hey who's doing the Woodward Cruise?

Hey who's doing the Woodward Cruise?

Jeep or not stop by and say Hi I'll be hanging out with ORJ (OffRoadJeepers.com).

At our spot north of 13 mile across from ArtVan. I'll be there from early am to 9pm

Here are some pics from last year.

some crazy guys driving a jeepless xj on woodward

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry, wrong side of the state for me.

Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Just got home. We go down every year on Wednesday. Pretty light this year, figure it was the threat of rain.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I been out three nites in a row it's been packed! tonight was a heavy rain that cleared out a lot of cruisers fast about 8pm

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

looks like im gonna skip it this year. i have been there almost every year.
    im going to see my wife, she has been up north camping without me for 10 days.

hope the other man is gone b4 i get there

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

I seem to get my fill just driving home from work.

Yes, my commute is Woodward north from I-696 to Square Lake in the a.m. and the same route south in the p.m.

Tomorrow will be a hell of a drive like every year.

I think I'm heading to the Flint "Back to the Bricks" cruise tonight. Woodward is still the King of Cruises, but Flint Town is a good time too. Not that many Jeeps or off-road vehicle's either. But I'll be rollin' in my "Mall Rated" Chevy Avalanche trying to represent. (The Jeep is out of commision this year).

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Quite a few people parking classic cars already this morning at 7:15 a.m. Been people doing that all week, but much more this morning.

Tents being set up, displays in place. Cops parking their loaner cars in the median. Yep, Royal Oak police get a load of vehicle donations fo rthe cruise, Mustangs, Vettes and every kind of SUV you can think of, for the cruise.

Have been seeing quite a few street legal 1/4 mile drag cars too. They will be parked for the duration soon.

JoAnn and I headed up Woodward last night in the loaner Ram (1500, mega cab) but turned around before 10 1/2 mile road. Was backed up further than normal, so we turned around and hung out in Ferndale for a while. Then a drive through downtown Royal Oak and home.

Yep, the drive home will be long. Every other decent route is either under construction, also too crowded, or way to far to drive with a heavy truck with a hemi.

My daughter will be riding the bus from Detroit to just wouth of Pontiac today. She gets a nice view of the cruise all the way home.

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

i went to the downriver cruise a few weeks back. it was pretty cool. not to big, not to small.

i saw 2 1960 starliners. you dont see many of them. my dad raced one years ago.

Went to Back to the Bricks last night and cruised, but am going back tomorrow. I will be in the beat up CJ2A bringing down the value of the cars around me.

Though last night when parked down in Grand Blanc getting a hot dog a guy came up to me all grins and said I must be having the best time because I don't have to worry about my paint... I said 'damn right' and proceeded to tell his grandkids drooling over the jeep to climb in, They played in it for about 15 minutes... to me that is what it is about.