Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: goodbye PIW

This is a letter i just recieved from Bob Collins in Canada . Im still poking at them for straight answers and trying to start a Candian rebellion

Dianne:

I must agree with Mr. Farley that the proposed restrictions will make it difficult for all of us. Certainly there should not be and will be no crossing through the Goulais River. This is one of the major issues used for closing the entire area to off road vehicles and ATVs.

The Whitman Dam Road is still open and at this time you can travel by ATV through the proposed park and along the Point Lake Road to access the power line to Half way.

We have been attempting to raise the impact that the restrictions in these new parks will have on tourism, but active support from the local tourist operators has been slow.

I have requested the information Mr. Farley is seeking at the district level and just last week I sent a request to the regional level, with a copy to the Minister of Natural Resources again asking for it.

I am off on holidays until the end of April and hopefully we can have an answer shortly after my return.

Until then, the only thing I can suggest is to contact the District Office and ask about the status of the Algoma Headwaters Park Strategy.

Bob Collins

Who is Bob Collins?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Beats me who he is , I lit a fire under Dianne at blue berry . She contacted BOB and he is working on up the scale to get answers for us . My point orginally was to get people like Dianne motivated . They stand to lose customers from these actions .

As well im hoping to get further response on what is or is not leagal in Canada as far as whelling goes . Its clearly changing .

Marv

If you want to call me direct, I can give you some more detail. When I talked to the MNR guy, we were on the phone for at least a half hour. Too much to type!

Jim
    248-486-4500 ext225
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Thanks for all the research Guys.. GG is one of my favorite runs and I look forward to heading there every year!!