Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GLFWDA DUES INCREASE ON HOLD

Default GLFWDA DUES INCREASE ON HOLD

The e-board would like to Thank the many Members that have submitted the various ideas as it pertains to our Membership Dues Structure. These ideas were generated due to the passing of a Dues Increase which was discussed on many different avenues to include the Quarterly Membership meetings in October 2007 and January 2008.

This is your Association and we are listening. In saying that, the e-board is executing an executive decision to post-pone the Dues Increase which was to take place February 1, 2008.

The Club and Individual Dues will stay at $35 for now and until we can take the many ideas recently offered and bring back an e-board recommendation at our April Quarterly Membership Meeting on April 20, 2008 in Mears, Michigan.

We do intend to be a 100% participant in United Four Wheel Drive Associations for the year 2008.

We do intend to retain a major portion of The Boondocker as we owe it to our many Associate Members in addition to each Club or Individual that chooses to have a hard copy in their hands.

Your patience and understanding is appreciated along with your many ideas.

Sincerely,

Mark Burns (Skip)
    President, Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!

Good move.

Now let's not let this die but continue the dialog to make sure everyone has input.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

see you in April, unless I see you before that, in that case I will see you then.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

I can't be there in April. Will be in the keys for a beach side wedding. Don't you feel sorry for me?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

thanks for listening.

I'm going to try to make the april meeting.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

So, the vote that changed the dues rate was simply discarded?

Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    I think a better way to say it is that it was put on hold pending further discussion.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    I think a better way to say it is that it was put on hold pending further discussion.

No Jim, that is not a better way to put it, that is spin.

This subject was up for discussion across 2 quarterly meeting periods and voted on by the membership that showed up. (the basis for the independant member nature of the association)

Just in my opinion, any new proposals should have come up as new business at the next quarterly and voted upon in due course. The approach taken is pure BS in my opinion.

BTW, just for the recoed, I am not opposed to a graduated membership fee structure and find many of the points in the proposals posted to be quite acceptable.

Well to each his own opinion. I look at it this way; the responsibility of the EBOD is to listen to the members & do what is best for the association. They have the right to make executive decisions in the best interest of the association as long as they don't spend moeny they don't have. If they collectively feel there were options that should have been considered and were not, then they have my 100% support to say they are listening.

I find it odd that people who choose not to participate for months on end suddenly come on the web site and start to second guess the progress that is being made.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

No Jim, that is not a better way to put it, that is spin.

This subject was up for discussion across 2 quarterly meeting periods and voted on by the membership that showed up. (the basis for the independant member nature of the association)

Just in my opinion, any new proposals should have come up as new business at the next quarterly and voted upon in due course. The approach taken is pure BS in my opinion.

BTW, just for the recoed, I am not opposed to a graduated membership fee structure and find many of the points in the proposals posted to be quite acceptable.
    Or if we are putting spins on it we can spin it this way: After further review and upon request of many members it was decided to revisit dues and other financial business of the association to make it more appealing to further the growth of the association. Not that the vote that was taken isnt valid, but rather those who want to grow the association (hopefully all of us) through sheer numbers have another idea on how to accomplish it without actually loosing members. Not really any spin though.

Was this idea late? Probably, but I applaud the BOD for their efforts in listening to the active GL forum members and having the entire associations best interest in mind to further the growth.

Look how many poeple have joined just before the dues increase, I cant believe they would have rejoined next year when their only option was $50. Now we have them, lets keep them.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!