View Poll Results: pick one, it's anonymous

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with the $50, this sport isnt cheap.

21 43.75%
  • Find a way to get back to $35 with budget cuts

7 14.58%
  • There might be a happy medium for everything, lets find it.

20 41.67%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What will you do when the dues increase?

Default What will you do when the dues increase?

I would like a random tally of what the members that are not able to attend the meetings have to say about the recent dues increase from $35 to $50 per year.

Keep in mind the united dues are included and have gone up recently. They are in the area of $25 per member (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I can say that I just renewed my membership before it goes up.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

hosejockey4506

i guess my question would be where does this money actually get spent is there a public record of the accounting. whats the proposed budget and whats the deficit(sp)

on the same lines at what HJ said... what is driving the raise in fees?

the first cut i would see is the boondocker by mail... 24 pages of color plus mail can't be cheap. How many a year are there? 4? just send me the boondocker in a PDF instead...

EDIT- I should also add this. I paid my dues at the OSTC run. When I spoke with people there, I though $35 was very reasonable. If the rates were $50 then, I'm not sure I would have joined.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    on the same lines at what HJ said... what is driving the raise in fees?

the first cut i would see is the boondocker by mail... 24 pages of color plus mail can't be cheap. How many a year are there? 4? just send me the boondocker in a PDF instead...
    Please read this:

http://www.glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4712

Then post here....

I think the choice should be to the member rather to join GLFWDA or GLFWDA AND United.

I've already posted up info on where united spends their money, and its pretty pointless for people in Michigan to pay money to United, especially when GLFWDA is pricing themselves out of the whole picture.

I know, we get to use a lawyer. So how come there are MUCH LARGER groups paying MUCH LESS to united, but we get stuck with this giant bill?

IMO, we are getting 10% of what we put into united, and thats a pretty crappy investment.

Keep that money here in Michigan where we need it, not funneled to United so they can spend their money on helping jeep make better commercials. (did you know united uses your dues money for that??)

I'd like to see one thing that GLFWDA has been assisted with from United besides Carla.

Here is my report on United:

http://www.glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4769
    Last edited by cc; January 24th, 2008 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
    Please read this:

http://www.glfwda.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4712

Then post here....

well, I just read 12 pages and still have no idea why rates would go up.

They say United rates are increasing... from what to what? Are United rates really going up a full $15 a year? If so, I say boo for them, they're not getting my money.

Are the GLFWDA costs rising? Why?

And aparently the 'docker costs $15 a year already.... If you told me I could join GLFWDA for $20 and get the 'docker emailed to me, I would have done it a looooong time ago.

cliff notes, no for a fee increase, as I don't see any proof as to why I should pay more.

hosejockey4506

cc the links you are posting can not be read by any one who is not a member either gonna have to make them public for the people who have not payed yet or drive the non payers who are thinking about it like me to not pay since its hidden.

Although I attend meetings, I'm still voting!

My gripe is not with a dues increase in GLFWDA of $5. Its not with Uniteds increase of $10 (or $15 really from a year ago). Its with having to pay both increases. At every meeting I have voted to not follow United, in any way I can. I don't have any issues with GLFWDA's money handling, I just don't want to be forced to pay for United's increase too. I want a choice.

So, if I can't choose one, I'm choosing none. $50 bucks is a make or break for me. I'll still support the association by doing trail maint. help etc... but I won't be paying into it.

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hosejockey4506 - We do not publish our financial information for public review, but we make it readily available to members.

Bones - UFWDA had a big reorganization plan approved at the 2007 Annual meeting. Part of their new business plan is a move away from volunteers in some key areas and replacing them with paid staff. Part of the business plan adopted included an increase in dues from $15/member to $25/member.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV