Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fund raising opportunity/UPDATE!!!!

We have been contacted by a company that provides fundraising opportunities to groups like ours.

They contract these groups to do sales of merchandise at the Michigan International raceway (this is where the NASCAR Nextel Cup is held) for races that are held there. These groups recieve 10% of such sales as payment for services rendered.

I have spoken with Americrown and filled out the proper paperwork to get the ball rolling on this. The first race date is the weekend of june 17 18 19. We would have to send the folks who want to help work a booth to 2 training classes prior to us being eligible. There also will be another 2 races in August that we could work as well. We could make up to $3000.00 if we sell sell sell and make some profits.
    These booths will be mainly food and beverage but are also merchandise like t-shirts and such.

If this is a viable fundraiser for us and we can get together for it are you all on board?

Pat
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Having done this in the past at the Silverdome for 2 years, I can tell you that it is typically a good fund raiser.

However, it requires AT LEAST the number of workers in the booth that is recommended.

You can not have too many!

Do we have any dates yet?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

How many races are going to be there this year?

I know there's usually a June and August NASCAR race. The Indy or Cart people have been flakely lately, I haven't heard if they have a race this Summer or not.

Vader5

I've also heard of college clubs that use these fundraisers at MIS. I've heard they make a few thousand a weekend during the Nascar Events.

I'd help. We could set this up so it's a work and play weekend. Work one day and go play the next. I'd go watch the Busch race or ARCA and Happy Hour on Saturday and work on Sunday. I like the cup races, but they're to pricey

Let us know if this goes through.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

I'd volunteer a weekend to help ... just depends on the weekend. Let us know the dates and the drill ASAP.

Hey, for once I can participate without making a 3+ hour cruise.
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS

Pat, I'll do my best to help. It all depends on when and $$$. Sounds like a good oppertunity if we can get the help.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

Not committing, but definatley interested. How long would the shifts be, though I imagine that would depend on the number of people who help.

I would figure on all day.
    From doing this at the Silverdome, the day looks like this:

Arrive at the facility at least 2 hours prior to the event.
    Do an inventory of your products. A count will then be comfirmed with a represenative of the facility.
    Start selling prior to the event and all the way through the completion of the event.
    Clean your booth.
    Do another inventory of your product and comfirmation count with the rep.
    Count your money.
    Turn in all your money and inventory sheets at the office and count the money again with them.
    Leave the facility 1-2 hours after the event is finished.

So, it becomes a complete day for most of your crew.

Other observations:
    With the right (and enough) people, it can be a lot of fun.
    You find the you really get into trying to become an efficient production line.
    The smell of hot dogs gets old!
    You learn how to pour beer without alot of foam. (good to know for other events)
    The beer drinkers like their EXPENSIVE beers to be full!
    The beer drinkers think that we are all minimum wage loosers who can't get a real job! Expect insults which you just laugh off.

Note to Vader5: Paul, I doubt if there will be any time for "play". MIS is in the middle of farm land with no local wheeling areas. And, many of us will want to just drive the grocery getter to get there.

Jim

Originally posted by PeteC@Feb 7 2005, 03:48 PM
    Not committing, but definatley interested. How long would the shifts be, though I imagine that would depend on the number of people who help.
    <div align="right">[snapback]4131[/snapback]

[/quote]
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

Vader5

Jim,
    I&#39;ve been to MIS several times. By "Play" this time I mean "Go to the Busch Race, or ARCA/Iroc depending on the weekend". I&#39;ve got in-laws in the immediate Brooklyn area, so I even have free places to stay. My wife likes to visit the relatives and watch races so getting her down there for a weekend wouldn&#39;t be much of a struggle.

On another note I know a Hillsdale College Group that does this fundraiser stuff at MIS and it is their biggest money maker. So I think it could be good for us. Would MIS let us have our literature on hand for people to take? It could also be a good marketing opportunity if we play our cards right.

Later,
    Paul

Originally posted by WhiteRhino@Feb 7 2005, 01:19 PM
    Note to Vader5: Paul, I doubt if there will be any time for "play". MIS is in the middle of farm land with no local wheeling areas. And, many of us will want to just drive the grocery getter to get there.

Jim

Originally posted by PeteC@Feb 7 2005, 03:48 PM
    Not committing, but definatley interested.? How long would the shifts be, though I imagine that would depend on the number of people who help.
    <div align="right">[snapback]4131[/snapback]

<div align="right">[snapback]4132[/snapback]</div>
    [/quote]

Paul,
    Makes sense to me.
    I am pretty sure they will allow us to advertise as long as it does not disrupt sales.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK