Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: OSTC December 1st task list

Default OSTC December 1st task list

Need to get some things kicked off with people responsible for them.

1) Banner
    Pat Kinne

2) Food. Dogs, buns, etc
    Frank Trager
    need to organize all the food, make sure it is bought, gather a donation jar, tables, paper plates, etc

3) Hand out for cooler checks
    Jim Kitson
    Create a flyer to be handed out while doing cooler checks.

4) Cooler checkers/ handout flyers.
    Karl Mosher to solicit volunteers
    John Ramos to help
    Mitch (longarm) to help
    I figure that the majority of arrivals will be before noon. Everyone coming should have a chance to play so no one should get stuck there more than an hour. Should have a minimum of 2 people at a time.

5) Radio/ hill monitors
    Kelly Myers to manage this including prearranging and making sure rotations are done.
    Much discussed. My guess is that we should have at least 6 on staff during any one time. Need to rotate every hour or so. At least 3 groups = 18 folks minimum.
    SKIP in rotation (obv @ the bottom...)

6) Bonfire.
    Pat Kinne
    need volunteers to keep it going
    Bonfire should start mid afternoon & remain active into the evening. Deno will supply firewood but location needs to be determined once we get there.
    SKIP in rotation

7) Registration assistance
    Stan Brown to recruit
    John Ramos to help
    Not sure how much help is needed but I think a couple people should be handing out waivers and verifying insurance, answering questions, etc. This can be done while people are in line.
    SKIP in rotation

8) Parking directors
    Bryce Mazzola to manage
    Since we will have scattered parking, we will need a couple people to point to locations.
    SKIP in rotation

9) Clothing Sales
    John Edwards to manage.
    Jay Dolinski
    Should have minimum of 4 people to rotate.

10) First Aid Kits
    Need SKIP to bring them and distribute.
    We own them

11) Photo/Video person.

Every volunteer needs to be on site by 9:00. By the time they get unloaded, registered and a short meeting is held with each group, people will start to arrive.

Other things to add, please post.

By the way, if you disagree with something, numbers, etc, please post.
    Last edited by WhiteRhino; November 26th, 2007 at 07:03 AM.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I'll be a floater, I dont want to be assigned to any task in particular but I can be a fill-in where needed throughout the day.

food- glfwda is fronting $ or is there going to be a paypal setup? I like Paul's idea about donations in excess to the food cost going to a charity.

should someone with a gps should travel every trail and create way points for our reference later on?

I'll take care of the hill monitoring/safety stuff. I'll put something together.

It would be nice to have someone selling clothing/stickers also. I think this should be on the list.

Bryce, pay pal required the host to charge sales tax. Therefore, we need to keep it informal.

I'll add the clothing. Kelly, do you want to have all clothing together or keep it separate. I see pros and cons but I like it together.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    Bryce, pay pal required the host to charge sales tax. Therefore, we need to keep it informal.

I'll add the clothing. Kelly, do you want to have all clothing together or keep it separate. I see pros and cons but I like it together.
    Whoever is handling clothing can keep the money seperate, or keep a tally of stuff sold. Chances are I will have nothing but stickers to sell

I can get the fire going and be a cooler checker and hand out flyers. Lets add to one of the exsisting forum posts that we will be checking coolers.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Pat, I hear you and your effort is good. But, I want to associate one name to each of these tasks that will then recruit people. So, pick one that you will be in charge of. You can be an additional volunteer to other lists too.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

I got it.

I am in charge of the banner which will be done prior to the event.

This leaves me open for being in charge of the fire and doing whatever else may be needed the day of.

If I am in charge of the fire I can then be in charge of food prep and finding volunteers to help with that. I can also purchase the food items at GFS using out GLFWDA account.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Pat, I will hold off on putting you in charge of anything till others have time to weigh in. If no one volunteers, you should handle it.

I still want you to have time to take a second shot at "almost" impossible hill.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

I'm in for something, but not cooler checks. I'll leave that to someone bigger & stronger.
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!