Thread: Maybe post file of Regs on GL's page?

Brian D.

When I was at the Keweenaw Point Advisory Comittee meeting this summer I asked one of the DNR reps about a specific regulation. Although they didn't know right of the top of their head they took my adress and sent me a nice fat envelope with a little note that said "Everything you ever wanted to know about about ATV Law. The three main legal items we use" I'm not sure if all ORV regs were included but there is tons of information that I believe would be a good resource for people who may need to refer to it. Even thought the note said "ATV", included was "Part 811" titled "OFF-ROAD RECREATION VEHICLES".

I think it may be nice to have this stuff on the webpage as a Pdf. or something.

SquattingDog

Do You have an electronic copy if the regs or just paper ? I think posting this information would be a great idea !!!

-frank

Originally posted by Brian D.@Dec 27 2004, 12:44 AM
    When I was at the Keweenaw Point Advisory Comittee meeting this summer I asked one of the DNR reps about a specific regulation. Although they didn't know right of the top of their head they took my adress and sent me a nice fat envelope with a little note that said "Everything you ever wanted to know about about ATV Law. The three main legal items we use" I'm not sure if all ORV regs were included but there is tons of information that I believe would be a good resource for people who may need to refer to it. Even thought the note said "ATV", included was "Part 811" titled "OFF-ROAD RECREATION VEHICLES".

I think it may be nice to have this stuff on the webpage as a Pdf. or something.
    <div align="right">[snapback]3722[/snapback]

[/quote]

SquattingDog

Do You have an electronic copy if the regs or just paper ? I think posting this information would be a great idea &#33;&#33;&#33;

-frank

Originally posted by Brian D.@Dec 27 2004, 12:44 AM
    When I was at the Keweenaw Point Advisory Comittee meeting this summer I asked one of the DNR reps about a specific regulation. Although they didn&#39;t know right of the top of their head they took my adress and sent me a nice fat envelope with a little note that said "Everything you ever wanted to know about about ATV Law. The three main legal items we use" I&#39;m not sure if all ORV regs were included but there is tons of information that I believe would be a good resource for people who may need to refer to it. Even thought the note said "ATV", included was "Part 811" titled "OFF-ROAD RECREATION VEHICLES".

<div align="right">[snapback]3722[/snapback]

[/quote]

Brian D.

Everything is paper.

However if there is interest in putting this stuff on the webpage I&#39;ll scan it and put it in .pdf .

Being that it is the electronic age, I&#39;d figure most libraries would have many government stuff available via web. I remember there was tons of info available on OU&#39;s system. I wonder what is available now after 4 years.

Have you tried searching for stuff using the numbers or whatever is on the docs you recieved. I mean searching a library? or University web site?

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

Brian D.

Originally posted by lgottler@Jan 4 2005, 07:02 AM
    Being that it is the electronic age, I&#39;d figure most libraries would have many government stuff available via web. I remember there was tons of info available on OU&#39;s system. I wonder what is available now after 4 years.

Have you tried searching for stuff using the numbers or whatever is on the docs you recieved. I mean searching a library? or University web site?

Lucas
    <div align="right">[snapback]3791[/snapback]

[/quote]

thats a good idea that I didn&#39;t think of. I&#39;ll see if I can search around and find the stuff. Otherwise I&#39;ll just start scanning them in and even if they don&#39;t get put up on the GL&#39;s webpage I&#39;m sure there are people that would like a copy of them on a CD or something.

Brian D