Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: 2008 SnoFari

welfare wheeler GLFWDA Member joe_jeep's Avatar

last weekend there was about 3 to 4 inches on the hard packed snowmobile trail. less in the corners though. probably close to a foot if you got off the trail and found virgin snow. gonna be a real tough event this year! bring your heavy right foot and alot of tow straps!
    have fun yall, be safe. wish i was there with ya.

Default how much snow?

Well, you're gonna have a blast. I live 10mi north of W Branch and work in town. In fact I'll be at work as you are all going pass my door this weekend Snowed last night. Not tons, but good, heavy, dense snow. Around 8-10" on ground but BIG drifts. Bring straps and a "they'll never take me alive" attitude. Should be PERFECT conditions. Expecting 30deg here tommorow and as long as your trip up North TO W Branch is safe, you'll have a blast. Just wish I could be with all of you. Be safe and keep on the skinny pedal!!!
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

'86 cj7

Quote Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post
    Well, you're gonna have a blast. I live 10mi north of W Branch and work in town. In fact I'll be at work as you are all going pass my door this weekend Snowed last night. Not tons, but good, heavy, dense snow. Around 8-10" on ground but BIG drifts. Bring straps and a "they'll never take me alive" attitude. Should be PERFECT conditions. Expecting 30deg here tommorow and as long as your trip up North TO W Branch is safe, you'll have a blast. Just wish I could be with all of you. Be safe and keep on the skinny pedal!!!

Even if you are working maybe you could stop by to say hi at the banquet. Not sure if I have the authority to invite you if they are filled but it's a thougth.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Default thanks.

thanks, I might just do that... depends on what time I get out. I just ran by the motel to see some of the rigs. Man what representation already... several jeeps plus 1/2 dozen or so completely modified rigs including a ZR2?? that thing looks bad... not sure how he/she made that thing look like an ass-kicker, but they did. My better half and I were just droolin' in the lot... still snowing here, but what fun it will be in am. enjoy!
    I'VE GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL, BABY!!!

'86 cj7

Quote Originally Posted by rentalrider View Post
    thanks, I might just do that... depends on what time I get out. I just ran by the motel to see some of the rigs. Man what representation already... several jeeps plus 1/2 dozen or so completely modified rigs including a ZR2?? that thing looks bad... not sure how he/she made that thing look like an ass-kicker, but they did. My better half and I were just droolin' in the lot... still snowing here, but what fun it will be in am. enjoy!
    That zr-2 isn't near as cool as the black jeep next to it. lol

The snow's coming down pretty hard right now. Heading to the pool, see you guys at 7... This is going to be a fun night run!

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
    That zr-2 isn't near as cool as the black jeep next to it. lol

The snow's coming down pretty hard right now. Heading to the pool, see you guys at 7... This is going to be a fun night run!

i can see you in the pool.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post

Even if you are working maybe you could stop by to say hi at the banquet. Not sure if I have the authority to invite you if they are filled but it's a thougth.

Or the M&G tonight. We'll be hanging ot in the are aronund the pool. or in the greenwood room.

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kixx007 View Post
    We'll be hanging ot in the are aronund the pool.
    Hittin' the sauce a little early?

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member DDS4X4's Avatar

We're headed to the pool with our grand daughter.

The beer is cold!
    Doug - KD8EDH
    UFWDA http://www.ufwda.org/
    GLFWDA http://www.glfwda.org/
    IFWDA http://www.ifwda.org/

2000 WJ Grand Laredo V8 QD UC, trail rated & Doug tested
    Kevins Sliders, 265/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT, Cobra 76XTR,
    ARBw/Warn 9.5XP, EMU lift, JKS Discos, Icom V-8000, Garmin GPS