Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board

  1. #1
    Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Posts
    4,040
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board

    All meetings are scheduled to start at 6:30 PM. unless otherwise noted.

    All meetings will be held at the following location: Holiday Inn-Lansing, 7501 West Saginaw Highway, Lansing, Michigan 517-627-3211.

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...E_180055_7.pdf

  2. #2

    Default

    Any chance we know what's on the agenda? What talking points are [we] bringing up Pat? Just wondering. I tried to look on the mi.gov website...but the page I found showed the meeting for August, 2006.
    [CENTER]USMC INFANTRY
    Get your junk out on the rocks.[/CENTER]

  3. #3
    Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Posts
    4,040
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Any chance we know what's on the agenda? What talking points are [we] bringing up Pat? Just wondering. I tried to look on the mi.gov website...but the page I found showed the meeting for August, 2006.
    Try this:

    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dn...a_212855_7.pdf
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair


    http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Thanks Jarhead....very helpful.

    What came of this meeting last night?
    [CENTER]USMC INFANTRY
    Get your junk out on the rocks.[/CENTER]

  5. #5
    Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Swartz Creek, MI
    Posts
    4,040
    Blog Entries
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Thanks Jarhead....very helpful.

    What came of this meeting last night?
    97 Miles of New ORV Routes have been approved through the Application Process.

    Discussion, Discussion and MORE Discussion of the Agenda Items.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair


    http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    97 Miles of New ORV Routes have been approved through the Application Process.

    Discussion, Discussion and MORE Discussion of the Agenda Items.
    I don't mean to be a...crybaby? but when you say ORV routes...how much of that is full size 4wd trail? We seem to be 'marginalized' when it comes time to designating what kind of ORV can use the trails.
    [CENTER]USMC INFANTRY
    Get your junk out on the rocks.[/CENTER]

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    I don't mean to be a...crybaby? but when you say ORV routes...how much of that is full size 4wd trail? We seem to be 'marginalized' when it comes time to designating what kind of ORV can use the trails.
    All "Routes" in Michigans ORV system have a 72" width maint. standard, in other words they are for fullsize ORV's on down. Can be traveled by SOS licensed vehicles without an ORV sticker but all other non SOS vehicles require one. And to be a crybaby, none of which will require 4WD!
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
    All "Routes" in Michigans ORV system have a 72" width maint. standard, in other words they are for fullsize ORV's on down. Can be traveled by SOS licensed vehicles without an ORV sticker but all other non SOS vehicles require one. And to be a crybaby, none of which will require 4WD!
    Okay...I'm a little confused then. Lemme to some reading and I'll get back to you on this. But that is good news on who is allowed to use them... and typical that they are nothing but dirt roads.
    [CENTER]USMC INFANTRY
    Get your junk out on the rocks.[/CENTER]

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC 0369 View Post
    Okay...I'm a little confused then. Lemme to some reading and I'll get back to you on this. But that is good news on who is allowed to use them... and typical that they are nothing but dirt roads.
    I guess from a news stand point, it is just that. We could already use these "routes" as they are forest roads. And if your SOS licensed, you could legally be on them. This is only "good" news if your on a quad or dirt bike with an ORV sticker.

    So in essence, the only way it would be good news for us is if they were a true 4x4 needed route. Instead we now have 97 more miles added to the ORV maintenance inventory of which grant money that could have been used for a true 4x4 route is now unavailable.

    But I will have something new to ride my quad on.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

  10. #10
    Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Burton, MI
    Posts
    2,447
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Anybody got a map of the new additions?
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Similar Threads

  1. OFF-ROAD VEHICLE TRAILS ADVISORY BOARD
    By wileyeyejeep in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
  2. Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board Meeting
    By Jarhead in forum GLFWDA Events/Meetings
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 5th, 2009, 12:51 PM
  3. Off-Road Vehicle Trails Advisory Board Meeting
    By Jarhead in forum GLFWDA Events/Meetings
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 5th, 2009, 12:49 PM
  4. ORV Advisory Board Meeting
    By phittie1100 in forum General Chatter
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 01:05 PM
  5. ORV Advisory Board Meeting
    By Jarhead in forum Land Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 10th, 2006, 02:51 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle
respective-triangle