Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Two trackin tru'da yoopah!

cj7fun

Some friends and I are kicking around the idea of a multiday two-trackin' trek through the western UP. Ya know pack the rigs full of gear, camp on the trail and just have some fun. It's been a few years since we've actually done some real TRAIL riding and not beating the rigs up at some ORV park then returning to the designated camping area.

We'd start out from the friend's camp near Michigamee/Negaunee (sp?) and work our way through Baraga/L'Anse and if all goes well into the Keewenau Peninsula. If all really goes well, head out to the Keewenau Point. But definately wind up somewhere on the shores of Lake Superior. Who knows, maybe start from camp and drive to Superior through the woods.

The main goal would be to have fun. Not push the limits of our driving abilities and/or rigs. Sure, if something challenging presents itself we'll take it on. But, if the route we select is a dusty, bumpy flat trail then that's fine too.

I was just wondering if anybody here has embarked on a similar trip through the same areas and could shed some advice for the trip. Yes, we'd aquire camping permits and have county maps. One of the rigs will be HAM radio equipped and have the numbers for emergency/law enforcement in the area.

So far, my biggest concern is encountering an armed irate local that thinks we're on thier property. If anybody is interested in going, let me know and I'll keep ya updated with plans. This would most likely happen around June-July (the peak of black fly season) .

THAT sounds AWSOME!!!

i can see how the irate local may be a problem but just have a sixer of pabts with ya so you can distract him

have fun
    KD8HLT

That sounds like a blast, and something that could happen anually. I would be very interested, but don't know a whole lot of that area and know nothing of the trails up there. But it would be nice to do a trail ride with the goal being comrodery(sp).

Jeremy

I go web wheelin' through da UP every weekend

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member
    Bruce
    Individual member #6774

If you keep us posted I am sure we can get some locals together to help with the crazy locals! :P

ZJZJ

If I ever get a Jeep that runs I would love to do this. I have only been to Drummond and across the upper bridge coming from the Sault. I want to see the real UP at some point.

Ive got a GPS and A glock
    KD8HLT

Originally posted by Bult4mud@Apr 24 2004, 08:01 AM
    Ive got a GPS and A glock
    That isn't going to do too much for the irate locals!

ya never know a gps could get us back to some main roads and i could show the the HI TECH plastic glock to confuse them long enough to let us get out of there :P
    KD8HLT