Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pig Gig Pics, etc:

WOW there were some serious rigs there....

Quote Originally Posted by timbercruiser View Post
    Hey Marv, are all the obstacles on your property? I can tell which ones are on public land, but if you have all those your property, you should open a park!!!

Its not big enough for a park. We are looking to rent out the Field for rustic camping to groups that want to camp here in West Branch, Run the trails , With St. Helen not far or Bull Gap. And of course they can play on Marv's little course too.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP View Post
    Sue,

Thanks to you, Marv & the S.S.'s for allowing us to set up a GLFWDA stand!
    It was & is very much appreciated.
    I snuck in during the afternoon (yes, I paid the entry fee) & ran into a couple of people I knew so I walked around with them (Kaiser, bjhouse, Garm) & inquired about John & his dad to others we saw. Of course Hacksaw was always around... He kept us laughing.

Anyway's I didn't get to say hi because it was pretty much pitch black after the raffle & dinner, so HOWDY & THANK YOU!

-Skip-
    (Mark)

p.s. Thanks for taking care of all of John's stuff. I heard "everything" he had there was generously rounded up & packed so he wouldn't have to worry about anything but taking care of his family.
    Glad you came up and enjoyed yourself. and finding anyone in the large croud that was here. would have been a chore. Marv and I were busy all most all the time with one thing or another, We did not get a chance to talk to to many people.

As Far as what was done for John, it was nothing that he would not have done for anyone else here if they were to have a problum. We were all looking for some way to help him out. Thats one thing I have found about the 4 wheel community they may disagree on some points but we do watch out for each other's safty.

Chair, Land Use Committee GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
    Thats one thing I have found about the 4 wheel community they may disagree on some points but we do watch out for each other's safty.
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
    Its not big enough for a park. We are looking to rent out the Field for rustic camping to groups that want to camp here in West Branch, Run the trails , With St. Helen not far or Bull Gap. And of course they can play on Marv's little course too.
    Good idea!
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

4given4x4 rented Marv's property for camping the 2nd weekend of August this year. Just about everybody dropped out of the run because of other things going on, but I camped there and met a bunch of people from the SwampStompers. They were camping there and doing the last preparations for the Pig Gig. I got to run the obstacles on Marv's property and then met with Jeff and we ran a bunch of the St. Helen area trails. He's got a great set up for local clubs to have a camping ground exclusively to themselves for the weekend.
    98 TJ 4.0/5spd, D30 w/Aussie, D44 welded, 3.5" RE Superflex, 1.25" body lift, rear corner crushers with sunken LED taillights, flat fendered front, OBA, sitting on 33s.
    4Given4x4.com
    http://www.jt4x4.com/
    http://www.NOVA4x4.org

free market capitalist timbercruiser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calvynandhobbs View Post
    4given4x4 rented Marv's property for camping the 2nd weekend of August this year. Just about everybody dropped out of the run because of other things going on, but I camped there and met a bunch of people from the SwampStompers. They were camping there and doing the last preparations for the Pig Gig. I got to run the obstacles on Marv's property and then met with Jeff and we ran a bunch of the St. Helen area trails. He's got a great set up for local clubs to have a camping ground exclusively to themselves for the weekend.

That's what I was thinking.
    93 FZJ 80 Locked!!

Chainsaws don't kill trees, I DO!!

Quote Originally Posted by timbercruiser View Post
    Hey Marv, are all the obstacles on your property? I can tell which ones are on public land, but if you have all those your property, you should open a park!!!
    Theres not enough for an off road park but i do week end leases to clubs . You get the place to your self , camping , course and river frontage . Makes a great way for a group to get together cheap and no one to complain about noise and so on .

There are several obsticles on the property . Hill climbs that have been known to tip some jeeps over

The mini tank trap ( hasnt been beat in 3 years now ) and a few more .

I call it my proving grounds when i do a build . Hey if the big 3 can have there proving grounds why shouldnt I