Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tailgate Report

Vertically Challenged 4x4 GLFWDA Member phittie1100's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Tailgate Report

One of the challenges we face in dealing with the DNR and other agencies is their perception that we make up such a small percentage of the folks who use public land that they don't need to bother with us. We can tell them about our membership numbers, the trail miles we maintain, but in the end what really counts is our impact on the economy. The NEW FORM at the link below is meant to help us gather information about dollars spent on wheeling trips, man hours spent using public resources, and the impact we have on local communities. How much you spent fixing your truck the week before your trip isn't included - although it has an economic impact, it is harder to gauge than a $100 hotel bill in West Branch or a $40 meal in Gaylord.

http://www.glfwda.org/tailgate.html

We need as many responses as we can get in order to build a proper database. At some point, when we have gathered enough information to make a useful report, we will make the summary data available via the GLFWDA website.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns - I left the old paper form attached in case you prefer to do it the old fashioned way, or if you want to make copies to distrubute at an event or even at your place of business.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by phittie1100; August 20th, 2007 at 09:48 PM. Reason: new link to replace paper form!

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

Is there any way to do this Tail Gate Report as a secure page then submit it to GLFWDA? I think you'd probably get more participation if you did it that way, especially if it got a sticky on GL4X4.

I'm not too computer literate and can't figure out how to fill in the blanks on the Adobe document and e-mail it back. And I don't feel like printing, writing, addressing and mailing something after getting out of another 15 hour day at work. I would like to contribute to the stats because I usually spend $600+ on in state trips (per trip), but like most of society I'm a bit overworked and value every second of my off time. Thus if it isn't a quick two minute "fill in the blank and hit submit" I usually pass it by.

Just a thought

Blog Entries

Far too techologically advanced for me, but I will consult the gurus and see what we can come up with. To date the response has been low, but I have not had a lot of time this summer to push it like I should.
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

I have a filled out form to send you via email. I believe you need adobe writer to edit this file for email attachment, but I have not figured out how to send you an email attachment through the forum
    2011 Ford Raptor SCrew #6841- FPP Light Bar, Hella 550 lights
    2006 Hummer H3 - Adv. Package, lot's of other stuff
    1976 International Scout -

That's the same reason I haven't done it. PITA for someone like me.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRhino View Post
    That's the same reason I haven't done it. PITA for someone like me.

We're working on an online version. I've been annoying Kevin with some questions about it... Just trying to come up with a way to not shoulder Kevin with recreating it for the online version.
    SUPPORT THE SPORT!

Blog Entries

Thanks Kevin - you 'da man!
    Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
    KD8PAV

Perfect.......

No excuses from anyone......... including me!

Should we do some retroactive for the entire year?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

Great Idea to simplify the process.
    Where will this document become a sticky?
    Old school yj, not a big deal.
    Karl