Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mounds planning meeting

Lothos

A public input meeting about the Moundsis coming up. Please attend and participate in the public planning workshop for the genesee county parks and recreation MASTER plan for the mounds

date: wednesday, april 28th,2004
    time: 7:30pm - 9:00pm
    place: crossroads village mill street dining room

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

Double check some of these boards meetings for the mounds are closed to the public......at least thats what I heard. If you don't live in the county or are on the board, you are not allowed to sit in....

of course that could just but some BS.

Here's the address to Crossroads Village for those of you that haven't been there:

Crossroads Village & Huckleberry Railroad
    6140 Bray Rd., Flint, MI 48505-1807

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/crossroadsvillage.htm

From the sounds of it yesterday, it was thought that this was open to the public. I will try and make it, although I know that is going to be a busy week.
    75 Wagoneer : 01 TJ : 06 Chevy 2500HD 4x4

Lothos

From MJ:

This meeting is very important for everyone to attend! From what I am to understand, an outside ORV park building company has been contracted to redesign the mounds for us! They need public input on what is wanted, how much of what is wanted, and where to put it all. We need to rally as many wheelers as possible to be there to defend the park also, as the neighbors have already got plans to be there also... and they will be bi***ing for sure. Lets get there and tell these guys what we want! One of the cooler additions on the agenda is a rock garden for all you rock climbing fiends! So if you want to be a part of what the mounds will be in our near future, get out there and be heard! Dont let the tree hugging, ORV haters near the mounds mess this up for us! Thanks for your support.

cj7fun

In addition to a pile of rocks has anybody considered/dreamed of replicating an obstacle or section of trail from one of the more famous trails in the US? I.E. replicating the Chrysler's mini-Rubicon/Sluice Box? Some of the Moab obstacles seem like they would be somewhat inexpensive to replicate... Potato Salad Hill, Golden Crack, Mickey's Hot Tub.... Heck, slick rock is like cement. Seems like you could build them reatively inexpensive and cement doesn't erode. I'd like to see some rocks placed on a hillside for some challenging muddy/rocky climbs. Perhaps one of those muddy log runs like at TTC.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of budget they're working with. Perhaps facility improvements (like DetR6oit's suggested air compressor) would be possible.

I plan to attend unless a nagging last-minute biz trip happens.

Will GLFWDA representation be present? If so, has anybody considered polling the GLFWDA communiuty (here or on other boards) to see what common ideas can be presented to the builders?

Lion's Back in the Mounds????

Senior Member Supporting The Sport!

I'll try to make it, this sounds diff than the meetings of past I was informed about.

People bring pictures of trails/obsticles you want there. I might help.

Elusive

DoubleJ

I will be attending the meeting...........

We have worked to hard for to long to keep The Mounds open, it would be silly to not be involed in the planning process.

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member

I would like to attend, but not holding my breath that I can make it.

In the meantime, I will repeat what Pat Kinne told me at the first quarterly I attended. Not a quote, but the jist of it. We all, as GL members, are representatives of GL. If you are a member in good standing and attend this meeting, you are free to identify yourself as a GL member when speaking.

If you would like to ask Pat any questions befor ethe meetings, well the toll free number has been posted for all to use.

I'm hoping to be there.
    75 Wagoneer : 01 TJ : 06 Chevy 2500HD 4x4