I just got a letter back from Mike Rogers regarding the RTP. Incase you have not contacted anyone about this, or haven't received your letter yet, here are the contents of the letter:

Dear Mr. Vohwinkle:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the Recreational Trails Program (RTP). I appreciate you sharing your support of this program with me and your call for increased funding.

The House version of the Transportation Equity Act of the 21st Centuray (TEA-21) reauthorization passed the House Transportation and Infastructure Committee on March 24th, 2004. You will be pleased to know that the bill funds the RTP at $53 million in '04, $70 million in '05, $80 million in '06, $90 million in '07, $100 million in '08 and $110 million in '09. This bill is expected to receive House consideration in the next week. Rest assured, I will keep your support for retaining the trails funding in mind.

Again, thank you for your correspondence. If you have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact my office.

Sincerely,

Mike Rogers
Member of Congress
[/b]
I am not 100% up to speed with the RTP, and the current funding situation, but it looks like over the coming years, especially this year to next to next year, an increase of 17 million. Anyone else been following this care to shed more light on what this means?