Thread: website links

question? I run our club website club Webpage

and we get alot of local wheelers that check it out and sign our guestbook.....

i was wondering about putting a link to GLFWDA's home page on it for more exposure

if somebody could look at our site and let me know if that would be alright
    Built not Bought

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapthrillB2 &#064; May 8 2007, 10&#58;04 AM) [snapback]24728[/snapback]</div>
    question? I run our club website club Webpage

and we get alot of local wheelers that check it out and sign our guestbook.....

i was wondering about putting a link to GLFWDA&#39;s home page on it for more exposure

if somebody could look at our site and let me know if that would be alright
    [/b]
    Get with our webmaster Jeeperz-Creeperz to figure that out.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

I don&#39;t see a problem with adding a link back to GLFWDA.

i&#39;ll get that taken care of tomorrow
    Built not Bought

Blog Entries

After visiting your Club Webpage, I thought I would share a motto the folks I wheeled shared for years, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..."

Even though Safety isn&#39;t specifically identified, in order for us to "Have fun" we never did anything to intentionally bring on hurt on anyone.
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; May 9 2007, 06&#58;25 AM) [snapback]24758[/snapback]</div>
    After visiting your Club Webpage, I thought I would share a motto the folks I wheeled shared for years, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..."

Even though Safety isn&#39;t specifically identified, in order for us to "Have fun" we never did anything to intentionally bring on hurt on anyone.
    [/b]

maybe its lost on me being the monring and i haven&#39;t started work yet. But do you mean stress saftey in the "motto" on the Front page? Cause thats the very last thing we mention is be safe?

Link added
    Built not Bought

Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CheapthrillB2 &#064; May 9 2007, 07&#58;57 AM) [snapback]24760[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jarhead &#064; May 9 2007, 06&#58;25 AM) [snapback]24758[/snapback]

[/b]

maybe its lost on me being the monring and i haven&#39;t started work yet. But do you mean stress saftey in the "motto" on the Front page? Cause thats the very last thing we mention is be safe?

Link added
    [/b][/quote]
    No, no our definition of FUN included Safety. No we did not expresslly talk about it like I do now on the trails, but it was in our minds. The interpetation is strictly that of the reader, "Go wheelin...Have fun...Break poop...Fix it & go again..." I always meant to get a t-shirt made but never did.

A yeah by the way, whoever corrected my slang word for poop - Thanks, I apparently forgot myself this morning and needed to be editorialized.

Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

LOVE the:

Off-Roading in Michigan is an endangered species, Please join
    up with GLFWDA and help fight the good fight

However, if you&#39;re going to enter into the political realm of wheeling , I&#39;d like to ask for one minor revision . . .

We should probably reword the end to something more like ". . . and help maintain motorized access to Michigan&#39;s public lands",". . .and Support the Sport in Michigan", or ". . . and help save Michigan&#39;s trails"

We&#39;re trying to change the perception that it&#39;s a "fight".
    It&#39;s more a chess game or collaboration. We work with the NFS, DNR, CRCs, and soon the Legislature to get what we can from each. Those things we can&#39;t get from one, we appeal to the next higher authority.

The word "fight&#39; has a tendency to draw emotion into what we would like to keep a logical issue. Logic will usually win a debate over emotion in the political world.

I know its kind of nit-picky, but sometimes it&#39;s the little things that help the most.

Also, as is indicated on the GL4x4 thread, if you have pic&#39;s and video posted to the web. . .
    You might want to make sure they&#39;re of LEGAL (or better yet, Tread Lightly) wheeling - or the DNR might come knocking at your door asking questions about them.

(endaNgered)
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

revised..............didn&#39;t even occur to me about "Fight"

if their is a certain pic that any sees "questionable" please let me kow.....i&#39;ve gone through and removed any pics that &#39;I felt were "damaging" but obviously if i spell the endaNgered wrong (lol) i&#39;ll miss something here to
    Built not Bought