Thread: Gladwin Area ORV trail

For those of you that ride ATV's the North loop of the Gladwin ORV 50" trail has been closed since the spring due to some damage from high water at that time.

I have heard however that the local CO's have not been issuing tickets for riding it. I am not saying you should, just telling you what I have been told.

The ATV clubs are fired up about this and rightfully so, this should have been taken care of long ago and the trail opened back up. So if you get the chance let the DNR know that you want to see this trail opened back up ASAP.

Pat Kinne
    Pres. GLFWDA
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Funny thing about this is within the last year they have doubled the size of the ORV parking lot on Center Fire Ln. to accommodate more users. Then they go and shut down the north loop of the trail, which consisted of at least 60% of the entire trail. I'm not an atv rider, but I think it sucks for those guys.

Eluzive

Hey pat, have you hit the ORV route up there lately?
    I was up there about 3 months ago, and the DNR really tamed it down, no need for 4 wheel drive to run it now. All the challenging parts of deer rd (entry rd to the route) have been graveled also

Yes I have been there and it is something that I have brought up at DNR ORV advisory meetings.

This was the only Route in the state that had any water on it and they decomishioned the good stuff and moved it to a flat dusty road. This reinforces the fact that the routes arent really for us full size guys but rather for the quads and bikes to use to bisect the 50" trail and offer them alternatives to their riding the same thing all day. They now have a way to go from one section of the ORV trail to another by not having to make a complete loop on 50" trail.

If this makes you mad come to an ORV advisory meeting in Lansing and let them know about it!

Pat Kinne
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!