Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Ididit column

RockyTop You won't be sorry This thing is sweet.
    Thanks again Scott
    Joe
    Tecumseh, MI
    86 CJ7 258/T5, 4" BDS lift,
    Detroit's F/R, 4.88's, 33" MTR's
    Warn HS9500i, Currie twinstick
    Ultimate-air co2 system
    Howell Fuel Injection

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 08&#58;26 AM) [snapback]23978[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 7 2007, 07&#58;53 AM) [snapback]23974[/snapback]
    Didn&#39;t see pricing on your web site.

I need one for a 90 YJ.

Prices for paintable and chrome?

Not to be a smart aleck but how is the quality of the chrome? I deal with chrome alot and don&#39;t want to spend the extra money on something that will start to corrode in a short time. Any written guarantee on the chrome?
    [/b]
    Chrome. triple plate. copper, nickel, chrome. Show quality&#33;&#33; this stuff is for custom cars and specialty vehicles. You expect the best&#33;&#33; We have only had 2 returns on bad chrome in 20 years&#33;&#33; No questions asked replaced with a new column. one was barried in saltwater mud down in New Orleans. and one was overexposure to heat when a car burnt to the ground.
    But we dont offer a column for the YJ yet. Sorry and the pricing hasn&#39;t been figured out yet, were still trying to get the applications figured out.
    [/b][/quote]

So.................................. when will you have something for a YJ?

I am going to do something soon.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 9 2007, 06&#58;28 PM) [snapback]24047[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 08&#58;26 AM) [snapback]23978[/snapback]
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 7 2007, 07&#58;53 AM) [snapback]23974[/snapback]
    Didn&#39;t see pricing on your web site.

I need one for a 90 YJ.

Prices for paintable and chrome?

Not to be a smart aleck but how is the quality of the chrome? I deal with chrome alot and don&#39;t want to spend the extra money on something that will start to corrode in a short time. Any written guarantee on the chrome?
    [/b]
    Chrome. triple plate. copper, nickel, chrome. Show quality&#33;&#33; this stuff is for custom cars and specialty vehicles. You expect the best&#33;&#33; We have only had 2 returns on bad chrome in 20 years&#33;&#33; No questions asked replaced with a new column. one was barried in saltwater mud down in New Orleans. and one was overexposure to heat when a car burnt to the ground.
    But we dont offer a column for the YJ yet. Sorry and the pricing hasn&#39;t been figured out yet, were still trying to get the applications figured out.
    [/b][/quote]

So.................................. when will you have something for a YJ?

I am going to do something soon.
    [/b][/quote]
    Well I&#39;m not sure on the YJ. I havent really looked at one yet. can you send me some pic&#39;s of the original and the dash. We make custom columns all the time. If it looks do-able we might get all the jeeps in one big swoop. send the pic&#39;s and I&#39;ll see what i can do.

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 9 2007, 11&#58;30 AM) [snapback]24038[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks Rocky Top,

OK guys now I only need the CJ5 1972-1975. If anyone has a CJ5 in this year group you could be next&#33;&#33;
    [/b]
    This is what a stock, unmodified 72-75 column looks like. Its just a six bolt dash flange welded to a straight pipe that sticks through a hole in the floor. No plastic covers etc..., very simple and rather universal in design. The stainless you see is where the old Ross type steering column was prior to the 72-75 style retro fit. Happy hunting