Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ididit column

Long Forgotten GLFWDA Member

Scott, right now I have an 83 CJ7 without an engine, but with a TF999.

Rocky, help me !!! this may sound stipid to you guys... but what is a TF999? I know steering but i dont know jeeps...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 7 2007, 09&#58;47 AM) [snapback]23982[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 08&#58;05 AM) [snapback]23977[/snapback]
    I would really like to sneek a peek under your dash&#33;&#33;&#33; (man that sounds bad) is it a original tub or glass?? Only interested if steel, and an original column. What do you have??
    [/b]
    My tub is glass, but why would that matter? Everything in my tub is the same as if it were steel, the way the current stock column mounts in my tub is the way it mounted in the steel tub.

No big deal, just curuious.
    [/b][/quote]

IronMan, We try to use only original vehicles with all original parts. that way we can garentee fit. If a PO changed somthing we will not know anybetter and will produce a column that may not fit. If the rust is still on the bolts with a little dust on top... we know its original and we can get good info. This way we have happy customers, and products that fit every time. It may sound annel retentive but it works&#33;&#33; It just takes a little longer.

you guys want to make a column for a geo tracker? the factory "tilt" column only moves about 1" up and down... there is no tilt to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 8 2007, 03&#58;49 PM) [snapback]24013[/snapback]</div>
    Rocky, help me &#33;&#33;&#33; this may sound stipid to you guys... but what is a TF999? I know steering but i dont know jeeps...
    [/b]
    That is the trans.
    Joe
    Tecumseh, MI
    86 CJ7 258/T5, 4" BDS lift,
    Detroit's F/R, 4.88's, 33" MTR's
    Warn HS9500i, Currie twinstick
    Ultimate-air co2 system
    Howell Fuel Injection

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 8 2007, 03&#58;49 PM) [snapback]24013[/snapback]</div>
    Rocky, help me &#33;&#33;&#33; this may sound stipid to you guys... but what is a TF999? I know steering but i dont know jeeps... [/b]
    Torque-Flite 999. I&#39;m waiting to hear from Ironman on acquiring another 304. Let me know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 8 2007, 04&#58;00 PM) [snapback]24014[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 7 2007, 09&#58;47 AM) [snapback]23982[/snapback]
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 08&#58;05 AM) [snapback]23977[/snapback]
    I would really like to sneek a peek under your dash&#33;&#33;&#33; (man that sounds bad) is it a original tub or glass?? Only interested if steel, and an original column. What do you have??
    [/b]
    My tub is glass, but why would that matter? Everything in my tub is the same as if it were steel, the way the current stock column mounts in my tub is the way it mounted in the steel tub.

[/b][/quote]

IronMan, We try to use only original vehicles with all original parts. that way we can garentee fit. If a PO changed somthing we will not know anybetter and will produce a column that may not fit. If the rust is still on the bolts with a little dust on top... we know its original and we can get good info. This way we have happy customers, and products that fit every time. It may sound annel retentive but it works&#33;&#33; It just takes a little longer.
    [/b][/quote]

With the number of glass bodied CJ&#39;s out there I wonder if your company made a complete steering column kit with "factory" style brakets and associated parts that could be available for new glass projects and also for retrofits. The glass bodies that I have put together for customers rely on a donor vehicle for the original column and bracketry. these parts end up in the same place if done correctly so putting togther a new kit should be fairly straightfoward.

Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 8 2007, 10&#58;51 PM) [snapback]24022[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 8 2007, 04&#58;00 PM) [snapback]24014[/snapback]
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 7 2007, 09&#58;47 AM) [snapback]23982[/snapback]
    [/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

With the number of glass bodied CJ&#39;s out there I wonder if your company made a complete steering column kit with "factory" style brakets and associated parts that could be available for new glass projects and also for retrofits. The glass bodies that I have put together for customers rely on a donor vehicle for the original column and bracketry. these parts end up in the same place if done correctly so putting togther a new kit should be fairly straightfoward.
    [/b][/quote]
    IronMan
    The brackets you reuse, are you refering to the black saddle that attaches to the column and dash? or the bracket that it connects to under the dash? We will have the locations on the column but not the black saddle. Can you take a pic of what you are refering too? we might be able to include other brackets also.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RockyTop &#064; Apr 7 2007, 10&#58;13 AM) [snapback]23988[/snapback]</div>
    Scott, right now I have an 83 CJ7 without an engine, but with a TF999.
    [/b]
    Rocky, So as long as it has the original column in it, this sounds like what were looking for. PM me or email and we&#39;ll get you a new column too&#33;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 9 2007, 04&#58;15 AM) [snapback]24025[/snapback]</div>
    Rocky, So as long as it has the original column in it, this sounds like what were looking for. PM me or email and we&#39;ll get you a new column too&#33; [/b]
    Original tub, column. PM sent.

Thanks Rocky Top,

OK guys now I only need the CJ5 1972-1975. If anyone has a CJ5 in this year group you could be next&#33;&#33;