Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ididit column

I picked my Jeep up yesterday and here is a couple pics of the new tilt column.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ididit.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	34   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3280050.JPG 
Views:	160 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	35  
    Joe
    Tecumseh, MI
    86 CJ7 258/T5, 4" BDS lift,
    Detroit's F/R, 4.88's, 33" MTR's
    Warn HS9500i, Currie twinstick
    Ultimate-air co2 system
    Howell Fuel Injection

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

They make some nice columns, looks good. Supporting the Local folks down there!

MuddyPaws

Holy bling.

Who makes that thing?

ididit inc. we build steering columns for just about anything. Go look www.ididitinc.com I am a employee and also a new member here. I work in the R&D dept and the boss wanted to offer columns for jeeps.... So I was out looking for jeep owners for the prototype vehicles. And Joe happen to have one we were looking for. Were still looking for a 76-86 CJ 7 with a automatic trans, and a 72-75 CJ5. These people could also get a free steering column.

Just so happens I own a 77 with an auto
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Didn't see pricing on your web site.

I need one for a 90 YJ.

Prices for paintable and chrome?

Not to be a smart aleck but how is the quality of the chrome? I deal with chrome alot and don't want to spend the extra money on something that will start to corrode in a short time. Any written guarantee on the chrome?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I would really like to sneek a peek under your dash!!! (man that sounds bad) is it a original tub or glass?? Only interested if steel, and an original column. What do you have??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WhiteRhino &#064; Apr 7 2007, 07&#58;53 AM) [snapback]23974[/snapback]</div>
    Didn&#39;t see pricing on your web site.

I need one for a 90 YJ.

Prices for paintable and chrome?

Not to be a smart aleck but how is the quality of the chrome? I deal with chrome alot and don&#39;t want to spend the extra money on something that will start to corrode in a short time. Any written guarantee on the chrome?
    [/b]
    Chrome. triple plate. copper, nickel, chrome. Show quality&#33;&#33; this stuff is for custom cars and specialty vehicles. You expect the best&#33;&#33; We have only had 2 returns on bad chrome in 20 years&#33;&#33; No questions asked replaced with a new column. one was barried in saltwater mud down in New Orleans. and one was overexposure to heat when a car burnt to the ground.
    But we dont offer a column for the YJ yet. Sorry and the pricing hasn&#39;t been figured out yet, were still trying to get the applications figured out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 08&#58;05 AM) [snapback]23977[/snapback]</div>
    I would really like to sneek a peek under your dash&#33;&#33;&#33; (man that sounds bad) is it a original tub or glass?? Only interested if steel, and an original column. What do you have??
    [/b]
    My tub is glass, but why would that matter? Everything in my tub is the same as if it were steel, the way the current stock column mounts in my tub is the way it mounted in the steel tub.

No big deal, just curuious.
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

cj7fun

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scottdidit &#064; Apr 7 2007, 12&#58;35 AM) [snapback]23969[/snapback]</div>
    I work in the R&D dept and the boss wanted to offer columns for jeeps.... So I was out looking for jeep owners for the prototype vehicles.[/b]
    Rats&#33; I wish this would have come up when you, Terry, and I were discussing a u-joint solution for our product a couple months ago in Ann Arbor. I own an &#39;82 CJ7 with a steel body and manual trans.

Welcome aboard, Scott&#33;

Ididit is a top-notch company to work with and their products are excellent&#33;