Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: another Ironman Cage

Long Forgotten GLFWDA Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 1 2007, 06&#58;42 PM) [snapback]23816[/snapback]</div>
    No problem Jay, the motor and the back seat will be waiting for ya&#33; The family cage will also be waiting, but in pieces [/b]
    No problem Pat, when I drop it off for the cage, I MAY have the wife talked into "discussing a Rear tire carrier/jerrican carrier". I love marriage and the neverending amount of asskissing to get something done to a Jeep. It keeps me going though, Chap Stock stock is soaring because of folks like me&#33;

I figure there are a bunch of different approaches to cages. To do a full blown cage with every bit of protection possible, a cage will get very expensive and also cumbersome for the typical family. (side bars, cross bars that limit front to back access, etc) For the guys doing comp, a full blown cage is virtually a requirement. They are surely gonna roll sooner or later.

But for the typical weekend warrior, the intent is more recreation oriented. It is like seatbelts....... you hope you will never need it.

And as a side note, the t-handle is only about 2.5 pounds. (1" dia x 12" long) I know a guy who carriers more than that in Potato chips.
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Apr 1 2007, 08&#58;01 PM) [snapback]23819[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ironman &#064; Apr 1 2007, 06&#58;42 PM) [snapback]23816[/snapback]
    Yea the handles are just for entering and exiting. Mindy has a nice T-handle I built on the cage for her side and Ryan needs to just keep a grip on his tiny little low rider steering wheel that thing is hard to turn.

No problem Jay, the motor and the back seat will be waiting for ya&#33; The family cage will also be waiting, but in pieces
    [/b]

im not sure how you can put a handle in an easy to grab spot and expect someone in a rollover situation to think "dont grab that one, its only for getting in" its one more thing to hit your head on too. i think about 2" of difference between the outsides of the tubes would be a big help and not make getting in any harder.

maybe you could kill 2 birds with one stone by converting your t-handle into a hoop with 2 90* bends and about 10-12" of straight section, this way it could serve as both an entry assist and a grab handle... not to mention getting rid of about 5lbs of solid steel in the t-handle.

[/b][/quote]

Here is an idea&#33; How about I build stuff for customers the way they want it and you not worry about it&#33;

This isnt a post about how Bryce would build a cage
    Lifetime member,Past President, Past Memb. Sec.
    Past Corresp. Sec.
    https://www.facebook.com/CreativeFabWorks
    Thank you to our supporters and volunteers!

Honestly, who really cares about the passengers?

I use my steering wheel to hold onto...and if that doesn&#39;t work, I plan on jumping&#33;

Seriously, do they make handles that can go onto your seatbelts, in say the 4 or 5 point harnesses? Up by your chest, so you can grab onto the belt to keep your hands from flailing and become one with the harness? Bad idea? Go away?

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

MuddyPaws

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Apr 2 2007, 06&#58;15 PM) [snapback]23854[/snapback]</div>
    Seriously, do they make handles that can go onto your seatbelts, in say the 4 or 5 point harnesses? Up by your chest, so you can grab onto the belt to keep your hands from flailing and become one with the harness? Bad idea? Go away?

Lucas
    [/b]
    Yea...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lgottler &#064; Apr 2 2007, 06&#58;15 PM) [snapback]23854[/snapback]</div>
    Honestly, who really cares about the passengers?

I use my steering wheel to hold onto...and if that doesn&#39;t work, I plan on jumping&#33;

Lucas
    [/b]
    I think the driver can hold onto the steering wheel, at least for a while, depends on how hard you roll and are flopping around inside your junk. If that is the case it wont matter what your holding, your screwed&#33;

The passenger can hold the oh jesus handle that is stock or the one like I built attached to the cage.
    The subject could be beat to death, but at the end of the day it is whatever you want in your own vehicle and however you want to use it. And if Tim wants to use duct tape than who am I to tell him different
    Past Corresp. Sec.

Pat all your cages are stupid and id rather use black pvc than have u make me one

HAHAHAHA JK SORRY I DIDNT GET ANY ONE ON APRIL 1 SO HAPPY APRIL 4 BIAAATCHES ahahaahah

edit sorry toomuch coffe and redbull
    KD8HLT

MuddyPaws

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bult4mud &#064; Apr 4 2007, 12&#58;35 PM) [snapback]23886[/snapback]</div>

[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MuddyPaws &#064; Apr 6 2007, 11&#58;40 PM) [snapback]23966[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bult4mud &#064; Apr 4 2007, 12&#58;35 PM) [snapback]23886[/snapback]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

x2
    Past Corresp. Sec.