Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CJ5 Owners

Lower 41.5 GLFWDA Member Renegade II's Avatar

I just sent him an e-mail. I'd have gotten a hold of you or him sooner, but I just put in 30 hours at work in the last two days

Thanks for the heads up, hope it's what he's looking for.

Hey joe your column is done looks great!!! now you need a cool steering wheel!!! Cant post a pic but It looks great and now it has tilt wheel!!!!

Ok heres the deal.. I work for ididit inc. We make steering columns for about anything. I work in the R&D dept. We have had alot of intrest from Jeep owners looking for replacement steering columns. When a new model column is being researched we try to find owners of those vehicles to lend us thier vehicle for two weeks. In that time frame, we remove your column and desighn a replacement column for the vehicle. We will stuff any combination of columns into the vehicle, straight, tilt, tilt w/shift. This gives us a idea what fits and works in the vehicle. It also gives us a chance to make installation instructions. When were done, We give you a credit or install the column you need, at no charge. In Joe's case, He got a column for free, and we installed it for him. He is also going to have his jeep in our catalog and maybe some advertising, and for sure its used in the installation instructions.
    We are still looking for some other models. We are looking for 1972-1975 CJ 5, this vehicle must be a original steel tub with the original column still in it! We are also looking for a CJ 7 1976 - 86 with a column shift column. If you have one of these you could be the next person to get a free column!!!
    If you have one of these vehicles pm me here or e-mail me @ scott@ididitinc.com

Senior Member Business Member Brian81CJ's Avatar

Congrats Joe! Can't wait to see it!!! I'll be looking forward to the realese of this column! It will sure make getting in and out of a CJ5 alot easier with a tilt column!!

Oh, and I think a nice front shot of your jeep would look good in Ididit's Catalog...

Thanks Brian, I am going to pick it up in a little bit and will get some pics up this weekend. Actually Scott told me they took some pics of the Jeep and it will be in thier catalog

Joe
    Tecumseh, MI
    86 CJ7 258/T5, 4" BDS lift,
    Detroit's F/R, 4.88's, 33" MTR's
    Warn HS9500i, Currie twinstick
    Ultimate-air co2 system
    Howell Fuel Injection