Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deep Snow Run

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

With the large amount of lake effect snow on the west side, Jim M. (kb8ymf) and I are looking to shoot over there Saturday. Maybe spend the night depending on future discussions regarding times and locations.

This will be for well equipped vehicles. Dual lockers, 33" minimum (agressive) tires and a winch are required.

Who wants to go?
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK
    Thanks to those that do all the hard work.

I might be intrested. I'll watch the thread for more info.
    KD8ZFB

ok, now im starting to wish my truck was back together.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95geo &#064; Feb 5 2007, 03&#58;29 PM) [snapback]22294[/snapback]</div>
    ok, now im starting to wish my truck was back together.....
    [/b]
    Well.............. gert&#39;r done&#33;
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

Sweet&#33; Send me every picture you guys take&#33; I need cover material&#33;&#33;

Our winter run was 6-8" of snow and ice covered rocks uphill. The wife, baby, and myself are heading up the 24th to da UP for a weekend vacation, I hope the lake effect snow stops so we can make decent time&#33;

Have fun guys&#33;

Lucas
    Maria: Can we ride in your Jeep again? Please!?
    Lily: My tooth feels loose, can you use your tools to pull it out again?
    Juliet: Can you carry me upside down to bed?!
    Violet: Cookie?

My pics

I&#39;m interested, where on the west side?

Sorry Jim, I have other comitments this weekend, Hope you guys have a great ride&#33;
    Old school yj, not a big deal.
    Karl

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ridgerunner &#064; Feb 7 2007, 06&#58;12 AM) [snapback]22339[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry Jim, I have other comitments this weekend, Hope you guys have a great ride&#33;
    [/b]
    Yeah....... I had the band date on the calendar. Have fun&#33;

And thanks for the letter in the mail&#33;
    KDSRGON GL#2665 KD8EGK

Jim, where are you heading over there? There is a large group heading to Evart Saturday morning. It is being hosted by the Sundowners and RPM will be leading the trails. Here&#39;s a link on 4Given4x4s board as well as a link to pics from last year. We didn&#39;t have anybody go in the hardcore group so the pictures are from the easy trails. I&#39;ll be there, but riding with someone else since my CJ was bought and picked up last night. Last year we divided into 2 groups based on vehicle capability and the hardcore group got into some nasty hill climbs. You&#39;re more than welcome to join us.

Roger

4given4x4 Trip Calendar-Evart Run

2006 Evart Run Pics
    98 TJ 4.0/5spd, D30 w/Aussie, D44 welded, 3.5" RE Superflex, 1.25" body lift, rear corner crushers with sunken LED taillights, flat fendered front, OBA, sitting on 33s.
    4Given4x4.com
    http://www.jt4x4.com/
    http://www.NOVA4x4.org

GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Trail_Fanatic's Avatar
    Blog Entries

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(calvynandhobbs &#064; Feb 7 2007, 07&#58;39 AM) [snapback]22341[/snapback]</div>
    Jim, where are you heading over there? There is a large group heading to Evart Saturday morning. It is being hosted by the Sundowners and RPM will be leading the trails. Here&#39;s a link on 4Given4x4s board as well as a link to pics from last year. We didn&#39;t have anybody go in the hardcore group so the pictures are from the easy trails. I&#39;ll be there, but riding with someone else since my CJ was bought and picked up last night. Last year we divided into 2 groups based on vehicle capability and the hardcore group got into some nasty hill climbs. You&#39;re more than welcome to join us.

Roger
    [/b]
    Be careful out there. I hear through the &#39;grapevine&#39; that NO event permit has ever been pulled for one of these, and we ALL know how the DNR looks upon hill climbing on public land (except SL and Bull Gap).

I&#39;d hate to have GLFWDA stickered vehicles getting ticketed at a time when we&#39;re starting to really make progress.
    Wouldn&#39;t look too good for us.

Maybe while you&#39;re there, you could explain the event permit requirements, insurance considerations, and how GLFWDA can assist them with both (as a MEMBER benefit, if they&#39;d care to join up).

P.S. Evart is too far from the coast to have received much in the way of snow. If you&#39;re looking for deeper, you have to come closer to the Lake.

Just thought you should know . . .
    Good Luck and Have Fun&#33;
    Pat Brower

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?