Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WCC's Latest Creation.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GLFWDA Member GLFWDA Member Kixx007's Avatar

We started off with this. 1954 Chevorlet Belair 2-door Post car. It had been restored, and was in really good shape.
    [attachmentid=845][attachmentid=846]

At some point, it turned into this.
    [attachmentid=847]

Eventually it started to look like a car. Well ok, The body got set on the frame for the kabillionth time.
    [attachmentid=848]

Then we stuck this
    [attachmentid=849]

Into this
    [attachmentid=850]

And coupled it to this
    [attachmentid=851]

And then we painted it
    [attachmentid=852]

Stuck it on that frame
    [attachmentid=853]

Put and interior in it
    [attachmentid=854]

With some custom gauges (Our schools name is there, I swear!&#33
    [attachmentid=855]

And then it got this goofy thing on top (Which is what makes the car what it is)
    [attachmentid=856]

The car isn't done yet. Its got a ways to go. But I got bored, and thought I'd share. This is the CRAP ( ) they teach me in school. The car is going to be at Autorama if anyone wants to come see it in person.

It will be a replica of a 50's/60's Fire Chiefs car, with a some slight modern twists. Like the fuel injected 350. When we are done with it, it will do some travelling, and then sit in the Michigan Fire Museum here in Ypsilanti. It a fun project, they all are. I am sure I will post some pictures of the goofy truck we are building also. Hope you enjoyed.

Needin' Time to Wheel GLFWDA Member Jarhead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The progress is awesome, imagine what you could do with your Cherokee with a lot of time and a lot more money?
    Jarhead (Bob)
    Past President GLFWDA
    Former Membership Secretary
    Former Landuse Committee Chair

http://www.glfwda.org/join.html

What Happens to the car after it's completed and goes to some shows?Is it auctioned off or sold ?
    that thing looks awsome!
    Old school yj, not a big deal.
    Karl

Senior Member Business Member
    GLFWDA Member

Looks good!

One question - why didn't you four-link the rear? Having the axle up on those blocks is going to generate a lot of wrap (or is that mount on the left for a torque bar?)
    Jeeperz Creeperz, Inc.
    1627 Eureka Rd
    Wyandotte, MI 48192
    734-281-8141
    www.jeeperz-creeperz.com

The car is being built for a customer. He gave us a credit card and he puts money on it when we tell him we need it. The guy has money. He never drove or saw this car when he bought it. Had it dropped off at the school right away. For the cars we do pay for, those are sold or auctioned. One of our next projects will be paid for by the school and then sold. It'll be a Dearborn Deuce.

We are also working on this right now:
    http://www.justinswish.blogspot.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeeperz&#045;Creeperz &#064; Jan 31 2007, 12&#58;50 PM) [snapback]22134[/snapback]</div>
    Looks good&#33;

One question - why didn&#39;t you four-link the rear? Having the axle up on those blocks is going to generate a lot of wrap (or is that mount on the left for a torque bar?)
    [/b]
    The smart/right/better way would have been to fourlink the rear. But when you have a bunch of bondo bandits in charge, they dont really want to listen to that. The excuse is that the car is going to sit in a museum, and doesnt need all that. I dont agree, but hey.

Ann Arbor Driveshaft

Bondo Bandits......

That&#39;s probably why they put a custom Ford 9" in it that still uses the small 1310 series U-joint. I told those guy to up grade it but....."oh, it won&#39;t get beat on that hard"

Oh well....hey, where&#39;s the pic of that awesome driveshaft? J/K

Looks better than I though an old chevy would, lowered

Thats awesome Tim. I hope you guys can make it&#33;&#33;

After Autorama Update: We took 3rd place in the Full Custom Hardtop class. Its one of the hardest classes down there, as it has alot of Ridler cars in it.

I saw that car&#33; It was definately very sweet looking. I went Saturday. That was one of the best Autoramas yet. I think that was like the 12th or 13th one I&#39;ve gone to. The representation of rat rods in the basement was awesome&#33; It was a whole different world down there.
    Recovered jeep addict on the straight and narrow with Toyotas

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(keithshotrodshop &#064; Mar 14 2007, 07&#58;46 PM) [snapback]23330[/snapback]</div>
    I saw that car&#33; It was definately very sweet looking. I went Saturday. That was one of the best Autoramas yet. I think that was like the 12th or 13th one I&#39;ve gone to. The representation of rat rods in the basement was awesome&#33; It was a whole different world down there.
    [/b]
    I was at the booth all day everyday. Except for the times I was enjoying cool beverages. I am looking for a project rat rod. 30&#39;s something. I&#39;d like a model a truck.

Jarhead, thanks. It was alot of work. and long nights the last stretch.